News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 01:17:00 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tom_Doak

Re: Raindance National ( Minchew, Funk) in Windsor, CO to open june,2002
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 12:57:49 PM »
I presume you mean June of 2022 ?

Steve_ Shaffer

Re: Raindance National ( Minchew, Funk) in Windsor, CO to open june,2022
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 01:14:17 PM »
I corrected  but it would have made a great retro course.  ;D
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson

Steve_ Shaffer

Pat Burke

Re: Raindance National ( Minchew, Funk) in Windsor, CO to open june,2002
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 08:10:10 PM »
I presume you mean June of 2022 ?

July 12 Tom

Kalen Braley

Looks to still be on schedule

Only 8400+ yards thou?  Seems like they could have found a few more to get to 9k

https://www.golfcoursearchitecture.net/content/new-8463-yard-course-at-raindance-national-will-open-in-july

Craig Sweet

I like Fred Funk, but that was funny as heck! Flat greens, (easy) shallow bunkers (easy) no slopes around greens (easy) over 8000 yards (why?)  I kept thinking his description was a tour players delight!

I golf at 5500ft and the altitude makes very little difference....but hey, if Fred thinks the ball is going to fly an extra 50 yards, so be it. Any excuse to build the 3rd longest course in the world!!!
LOCK HIM UP!!!

MCirba

Can't we all just agree that 9,200 yards should be the new "Championship Course" standard?    ::) :o :'(
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Pat Burke

I like Fred Funk, but that was funny as heck! Flat greens, (easy) shallow bunkers (easy) no slopes around greens (easy) over 8000 yards (why?)  I kept thinking his description was a tour players delight!

I golf at 5500ft and the altitude makes very little difference....but hey, if Fred thinks the ball is going to fly an extra 50 yards, so be it. Any excuse to build the 3rd longest course in the world!!!

At my new damaged best,
I was Hitting shots 8+% Further in Windsor CO when I was there than I am in Southern California

And I do not hit it particularly high. Just FYI.

The nature of the course at Raindance will see some insane driving distances. There is a LOT of elevation.

FYI there are 5 par threes / 5 par fives

There are a few tees that are simply for distance sake , but there are a few holes that will look stupid on a scorecard distance wise, but the slope and fescue mix should see those hole play reasonably.

IF (and that’s a big if), golfers play the correct tees, it should be a course most can play to their handicap and have fun.

There are a few forced carries that will challenge juniors, and some seniors/women

SB

Fred Funk is the nicest person you could ever meet.  I sincerely hope the course is fantastic.

Kalen Braley

Certainly interesting,

While Colorado does have high elevation skiing and mountain hiking this golf course is situated a few hundred feet BELOW 5,000 feet.  In comparison the courses near Park City like Glenwild, Promontory, Painted Valley sit at 6,500+ feet.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back