News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Marshall

Re: Courses you played for the first time in 2021 with your Doak Scale score
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2021, 08:20:34 AM »
This post is depressing me. I played 80 rounds of golf this year and only played one new course. Played a few I hadn't played in a long time but only one new.

It's called getting invited back.

Invited back to a place I've never been? Who's on first?

I assumed it was a compliment, saying at least you are being invited back to places...maybe better than playing a ton of courses once and never getting invited again.

AAAHHHH, right over my head. Thanks
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2021, 08:45:51 AM »
Only three new courses for me this year.
1. The Castle, St Andrews. Think I enjoyed it more than Mr Doak and certainly more than I had expected. I’ve been moaning about it for years without actually playing it. That was a mistake. I thought the greens were outrageous - but a whole load of fun! Doak 3
2. Cavendish. Some truly awesome MacKenzie magic in the Derbyshire countryside. Doak 6
3. Reddish Vale. More MacKenzie! Good fun, but compromised with some horrible routing - and THAT 18th Climb! Doak 4

I’m sure I could be convinced otherwise on the scores. I’m interested to hear what scores other BUDA-cuppers might have for the 2 venues? Am I too generous - or too curmudgeonly?
F.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 08:48:33 AM by Marty Bonnar »
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

John Foley

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2021, 08:56:35 AM »
Played more new courses in 2021 than in 2020 for sure but still behind in where I'd like to be in the exploring.

Friars Head - Not talking about the experience just the golf, it was about as enjoyable a round I've played. Inviting off the tee but then exacting into the greens. You can miss them, but then struggle to get up & down. Contours were not over the top but just right. Loved the flow. Really felt that I was on a journey through the course. Not a hole on the course that I could find anything remotely at fault. Given a choice to play here or anywhere else, not many I'd put in front of this. 9.5

Barefoot Dye - I've always been a fan of Pete Dye but he does get a bit repetitive. I like the mix, the routing was very good and the green sites solid. I'd go back again.  6

True Blue - Really wanted to like this but it was just a bit too much. I really don't enjoy the narrow profile greens w/ trouble around it (hole #2) and the sand is over done. Pretty sure there is more bunkers / waste area on this course than I've ever seen. you see. 5

Bella Collina - Good friend recently joined. Before I played I read a bit of the semi-scathing reviews here. It's not that bad. There are some good holes (#3 par 4 DL right w/ bunkers to challenge off the tee / #6 short uphill par 4 w/ the green falling away on all sides) and only a few ??'s. Amazing elevation change for FL. 5

Mooresville - Solid daily fee outside Charlotte. Front 9 is some old Ross and it really stands out. The swing from 5-9 was very solid. A few good holes added in the back. Fantastic practice area. 5

Rocky River - Another daily fee outside Charlotte. No homes situated next to the speedway. A few good holes but nothing very memorable. 4

Quicksilver - Needed to find a place to play outside Pittsburgh and struggled to find anything worthwhile. A couple holes were good but a whole bunch of straight up the hill then straight down the hill. 3

CLT & PIT are really in dire need of a GREAT public access course.

Integrity in the moment of choice

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2021, 09:04:21 AM »
HOW could I have forgotten our trip to CRUDEN BAY!?
DOAK 8!
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Jim Hoak

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2021, 09:08:52 AM »
In these covid times, I only played one new course last year--Green Hills, a little-known MacKenzie course near the San Francisco airport.  It showed me the danger of expectations and assumptions.  I had very low expectations, but came away enjoying and respecting the course.  Many nice features.  A good 5.

Brad Engel

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2021, 09:44:43 AM »
First Time:

Valhalla: 5
Fox Chapel: 6
Yeaman's Hall: 7
Blue Mound: 6
Shoreacres: 7
Wykaygl: 6
Fisher's Island: 8

First Time, In a Long Time:
Seminole: 9
Oakmont: 10

John Blain

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2021, 09:54:27 AM »
This post is depressing me. I played 80 rounds of golf this year and only played one new course. Played a few I hadn't played in a long time but only one new.
Same with me, Rob. I didn't play anywhere this year that I hadn't played before unless you include Oak Hill East which was sort of like playing a new course. I also played Wayne Hills for the first time since the 1994 NYS Mid Am.
I clearly need to get out more.
Hope you're well.
-John

Jim Sherma

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2021, 11:48:58 AM »
Pretty good year this year with 35 different courses played and 19 of them first time plays. In order of my DS with 2 courses that I will reserve judgement on:

Rolling Green CC - 9 - I know that this is higher than most would place it, but I felt that the course as presented is outstanding, with no weaknesses, and that you should see this course at some point in your life  - therefore the 9

7's:
Hidden Creek - so good in so many ways
Golden Horseshoe Gold - really impressed with the property and how the course laid on it - RTJ was on point here

6's:
LuLu CC
Philadelphia CC
Huntingdon Valley CC
Kinloch (VA)

Mount Pleasant (Baltimore City Muni) - Possibly over rating this, but if maintained like a private club this could be on the low side

5's:
Manor CC (Rockville, MD)
Indiana CC (Indiana, PA)
Kingsmill River - The best housing track course I've played -
Royal New Kent - front 9 is a seven, back 9 is very flawed, therefore 5 is about right IMO
Eagle's Mere - could be a bit high for some, it ticked a lot of my boxes however

4's:
Susquehanna Valley CC - Front 9 a 5, back 9 a 3
Overlook GC (Lancaster, PA Muni)

3's:
Oakmont Green (Carrol County MD)

0:
Glenmaura National (Moosic, PA) - A lot of dynamite used here, I know people that like it and it's in good shape, not my gig though

Reserve judgement:

Greystone (Baltimore County, MD) - Could be better than I gave it credit for, but not sure - some really sketchy holes that were certainly not appropriate for a public course (which admittedly it was not designed as) - the parts that I though were ok did not come close to offsetting what I didn't like

Llanerch - I really wanted to like this course a lot and I think I do, but I am not sure (one play on a cold day and I did not hit the ball particularly well) - the renovation around the greens have a lot of sharp edges and the bunkering has a lot of deep and steep where the outcome can be very penal, or the outcome can be straightforward if you're a few feet away from the sides and more in the center of the bunker - It's a real good property with nice movement and the reno work is aesthetically pleasing in a modern style - I think it's a course I could score well at, or be beaten on without making swings that are too different - When the greens are firm and fast it must be extremely difficult if you keep missing in the wrong areas on or around the greens, also I get the sense that the greens might be a little small to be that severe in spots, but I am not sure - on a land locked property they certainly did something that stands out as unique is a tough market - will need a couple more rounds to figure it out though

Also had a couple courses that I got back to for the first time since the pandemic started and reassessed more positively.

West Shore CC (Camp Hill, PA) - always liked it here but upon a fresh play I moved it up in my local hierarchy
Out Door CC (York, PA) - 1950's Ed Ault with recent updating - good course on land that moves more than I gave it credit for

Richard Fisher

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2021, 12:04:20 PM »
Not a vintage year (but nor was last) with only a handful of new courses sampled, viz.

Bishop Auckland 2
Cleveland 4 (back nine would get a 6 on its own)
Elsham (Lincs) 2
Chelmsford 3
St Annes Old Links 5

Old favourites (Porthcawl, Harlech, Huntercombe, Woking, Worly, Luffenham, the Gogs Old) all continued to give great and varied pleasure. My golf has likewise been very moderate indeed, even for a 12-handicapper, until out of nowhere I returned my best gross score this century (77) at the Gogs last week. So perhaps things to look forward to in 2022!

Tim Martin

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2021, 12:36:38 PM »

5's:
Manor CC (Rockville, MD)
Indiana CC (Indiana, PA)
Kingsmill River - The best housing track course I've played -
Royal New Kent - front 9 is a seven, back 9 is very flawed, therefore 5 is about right IMO
Eagle's Mere - could be a bit high for some, it ticked a lot of my boxes however

Jim-I expected more from Eagles Mere being a Flynn course and my take was a 4. There are some fun holes for sure but I thought he could have delivered something more compelling on an interesting parcel of land. I spent some time with a family member who went there for Summers and it’s a unique place where the clock seemingly stopped sometime in the 1960’s.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2021, 12:47:11 PM »

Cleveland 4 (back nine would get a 6 on its own)

The front nine must be really bad to drag a 6 down to a 4  :o

0:
Glenmaura National (Moosic, PA) - A lot of dynamite used here, I know people that like it and it's in good shape, not my gig though

That's the spirit!  Don't pull your punches.  Is this the first "0" you have awarded?

Jim Sherma

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2021, 12:49:50 PM »
Jim-I expected more from Eagles Mere being a Flynn course and my take was a 4. There are some fun holes for sure but I thought he could have delivered something more compelling on an interesting parcel of land. I spent some time with a family member who went there for Summers and it’s a unique place where the clock seemingly stopped sometime in the 1960’s.

Tim - I agree that 5 is probably too high for most people and that 4 or even 3 is where most would have it. I had a fun day out and there is good golf to be had. I'm not too sure how much Flynn is really in the details there outside of the routing, some of which was there when he first got there. Without the Flynn attribution none of us, outside of Cirba, probably would have even heard of it. However, I like this style of funky old short courses and thought that Eagle's Mere was a pretty good example.

Matt Wharton

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2021, 12:54:15 PM »
Was fortunate to make it overseas this fall, plus I added a couple more new to me stateside:

Royal Dornoch 9 - played the championship course four times on our trip and believe it to be the best course I have ever played not named The Old Course at St. Andrews.

Brora 7 - really want to award an 8 but the phrase, "not necessarily unique to the world of golf" within the scale makes me think 7 is in order unless I haven't experienced enough to know better.

Castle Stuart 8 - must clarify we only played the first nine holes and bailed because of weather, but what I experienced was breathtaking and I want to go back.

Nairn GC 7 - had the most amazing day and world-class treatment at Nairn, really enjoyed the course, especially holes 13 & 14. Where did they get that elevation change near the sea!

Inverness Club, OH 8 - played back-to-back days in early October and believe we will see another U.S. Open contested there sometime in the future. So close to awarding a 9.

Southern Pines 7 - have enjoyed this course for thirteen years and made my feelings about the redo known in another thread, but if I am being honest with the newly renovated course I believe 7 is the proper score. Too bad SP, MP, and PN resemble each other rather than being Ross courses in their own unique period of time.

The Cradle 6 - must admit I was underwhelmed as a whole with this course. Played it twice in late October and had a great time, really fun, but six out of nine shots are uphill/blind. Would be more thrilling IMO if we could see the ball move around those green complexes more.
Matthew Wharton, CGCS, MG
Idle Hour CC
Lexington, KY

Jim Sherma

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2021, 01:07:46 PM »

0:

That's the spirit!  Don't pull your punches.  Is this the first "0" you have awarded?

There are other courses that I question and genuinely don't like, but also understand why they were built and why people play them. Questionable land planning with tight housing track corridors does not make a zero no matter how much I dislike them. Courses like that do not merit a generalized 0, even if I think that way personally.

With Glenmaura however, I can't imagine that there was not a better piece of ground available to develop and spend the money on. The golf there can not be worth the money and effort that it took to get flattish corridors along the side of the mountain. I didn't even dislike the course that much, I just questioned the whole idea of it. However, I do know people that love it and even one that chose it in front of Scranton CC for a nonresident second membership in that area.

MCirba

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2021, 01:37:21 PM »
Jim Sherma,

Concur on Glenmaura.  Egads
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Brian Finn

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2021, 01:53:58 PM »
I played a decent number of new courses this year - below are many of my first timers, by Doak score.  The toughest decisions for me are between 6 and 7, and I think perhaps my threshold for "worth checking out if you get anywhere within 100 miles" is lower than many here, especially for links courses.

8 - Royal Lytham, Royal Birkdale
7 - Formby, Royal Liverpool, West Lancs, Wallasey, Hillside, Southport & Ainsdale, Cape Fear CC
6 - Sea Island Seaside, French Lick Ross, Forest Creek North, Highland CC, Old Chatham
5 - Wilmington Muni, Formby Ladies, Pleasington, The Cardinal, Sultan's Run
4 - Mount Mitchell GC, Fort Bragg Stryker
3 - Pine Valley (NC), Charlotte National, French Lick Valley Links

Two courses for which I really can't decide on a DS, for pretty different reasons:

French Lick Dye - I had fun playing there (I think), there are some interesting design elements, and a number of good holes, but at the same time I wonder whether it should have been built.  It certainly doesn't "poison your mind" so I suppose I lean more toward a 6 than a 0, but I don't think it is anything in between.  If the fairways were each ten yards wider, I think it would be so much better. 

Timber Point - It is about a 5 right now.  It is probably as simple as that, but the site, the history, the potential, it all feels like it could be so close to 7+++.
New for 2023:  Cheraw SP, Grandfather, Clyne, Tenby, Pennard, Langland Bay, Southerndown, Pyle & Kenfig, Royal Porthcawl, Ashburnham, Rolls of Monmouth, Old Barnwell...

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2021, 01:58:10 PM »

Chelmsford 3

A little surprising, as it gets a lot of love locally. 
https://www.top100golfcourses.com/golf-course/chelmsford

Essex must be the worst served County in England for Golf Architecture. Thorndon Park IS worth visiting.   But after that option only play if you're staying locally and haven't much time to spare.

Let's make GCA grate again!

Brian Finn

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2021, 01:58:26 PM »
Mooresville - Solid daily fee outside Charlotte. Front 9 is some old Ross and it really stands out. The swing from 5-9 was very solid. A few good holes added in the back. Fantastic practice area. 5

CLT & PIT are really in dire need of a GREAT public access course.
Mooresville was redone a few years ago.  The front 9 is now original Kris Spence, certainly with much inspiration from Ross.  the back nine changed less, due to very limited options to change existing corridors and routing, but Spence significantly improved those as well. 

Fully agree that CLT needs some much better public options.  I've dreamt about doing something about it!
New for 2023:  Cheraw SP, Grandfather, Clyne, Tenby, Pennard, Langland Bay, Southerndown, Pyle & Kenfig, Royal Porthcawl, Ashburnham, Rolls of Monmouth, Old Barnwell...

Clyde Johnson

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2021, 03:21:58 PM »
I'll throw a few lesser known GB&I courses into the mix, and a few others...:

Polloc Cricket Club (Winter Section) – Glasgow; Scotland - 2

Uttoxeter – Staffordshire; England - 3

Rugby – Warwickshire; England - 4

Daventry & District – Northamptonshire; England - 2?

Moor Park (West) – Hertfordshire; England - 5

Dudley – West Midlands; England - 2

Moffat – Dumfriesshire; Scotland - 4

Bute – Isle of Bute; Scotland - 4

Rothesay – Isle of Bute; Scotland - 4

Port Bannatyne – Argyll; Scotland - 2

Skelmorlie – Ayrshire; Scotland - 3

Montrose (Broomfield) – Angus; Scotland - 2

Strathtay – Perthshire; Scotland - 4

Aberfeldy – Perthshire; Scotland - 2

Halifax (Ogden) – West Yorkshire; England - 5

New Galloway – Galloway; Scotland - 4

Gatehouse – Galloway; Scotland - 4

Wigtown & Badnoch – Galloway; Scotland - 2

St Medans – Galloway; Scotland - 5

Castle Douglas – Galloway; Scotland - 2

Cupar – Fife; Scotland - 3

Ipswich – Suffolk; England - 5/6

Felixstowe Ferry  – Suffolk; England - 4

Beccles – Suffolk; England - 2

Woodbridge – Suffolk; England - 5

Thorpeness – Suffolk; England - 4/5

Diss – Norfolk; England - 3

Temple – Berkshire; England - 5/6

Shetland (Dale) – Shetland; Scotland - 5

Asta – Shetland; Scotland - 4

Whalsay – Shetland; Scotland - 7

'The Knab’ – Shetland; Scotland - 2

Sandy Lodge – Middlesex; England -  5

Carnwath – South Lanarkshire; Scotland - 4

Innellan – Argyll; Scotland - 3

Cowal – Argyll; Scotland - 1

Blairmore & Strone – Argyll; Scotland - 2

Helensburgh – Argyll; Scotland - 3

St Patrick’s Links – Co. Donegal; Ireland - 9

Connemara Isles – Co. Galway; Ireland - 4

Lahinch (Castle) – Co. Clare; Ireland - 4

Hawarden – Flintshire; North Wales - 2

Holywell – Flintshire; North Wales - 5

Randers – Denmark - 3

Fanø – Denmark - 6

UDC De Pan – Netherlands - 7/8

Koninklijke Haagsche – Netherlands - 7

Chantilly Vineuil – France - 5/6

Fontainebleu – France  - 6

Les Bordes (New) – France - 7/8

Les Bordes (Wild Piglet) – France - ?

Les Bordes (Old) – France - 4/5

Archerfield (Fidra) - East Lothian; Scotland - 3
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 04:37:00 PM by Clyde Johnson »

Thomas Dai

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2021, 03:41:04 PM »
From Clyde’s post it looks like a flight to Shetland might somewhat unexpectedly be in order.:)
atb

Tom_Doak

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2021, 03:58:38 PM »
From Clyde’s post it looks like a flight to Shetland might somewhat unexpectedly be in order. :)
atb

It's kind of a bummer that I keep finding all these cool places on Google Earth but he's the one who has the time to go play them!

Rory Connaughton

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2021, 04:46:55 PM »
Prairie Dunes   8.5

Sand Creek Station  5

Concord  6

UL National 7 (Mike C, it may not be your cup of tee but there is some really fun stuff out there!)

Bidermann 6.5

Indian Creek 7.5

Matt MacIver

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2021, 07:54:34 PM »
It seems my hardest rating are between 7 and 8, but of course I’ve seen the fewest 8-9-10s and there are the fewest if those out there. But here’s my list which is the best I’ve done in a while:

Streamsong Black 8 (could be 7) - I enjoy width and wild greens.
SS Blue 7 (could be an 8 - felt more connected and a better walk, not sure why.
SS Red 7 - bit too tight/hard but that could be my weak game.

Whistling Straits Straits 7 (could be an 8 - nope Old Town is an 8 and this isn’t that.
WS Irish 7 - feel good about this one.
Blackwolf Run River 6 - very solid all-around and a nice playing ground. Have to hit shots.

Sand Valley SV 8 - very enjoyable rhythm and balance.
SV Mammoth Dunes 7 - wanted to like more since width but hard to tell this hole from the next. Same with above actually.

Erin Hills 7 - too much course and to jacked up elevation change on some holes.

PGA National Championship Florida 5 - the Bear Trap is made for tv and is actually 15-17 not 16-18. Fool me once…

Edit: forgot to add Lawsonia, 6+.  Plays longer than it looks given elevation change which adds to the fun, and interesting green complexes.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 02:09:15 PM by Matt MacIver »

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2021, 08:06:57 PM »
New Courses
Peachtree 8 – played it as the warm-up to an epic trip to Augusta. Watched the Shell’s Wonderful World of Golf episode from the 60s to get a preview. Didn’t do justice to the topography and the excellent and rollicking green complexes.
ANGC 10 – trying to not let the experience cloud my judgement and I’ve walked it a number of times for the Masters. Absolutely one of the best courses in the world.
Sand Hills 9 – another where the anticipation could impact my judgement, but played it a number of times in varying wind directions which really highlights how genius the routing and architecture is.
Garden City 10 – from the first tee ball to the last putt, every shot had intrigue. Amazing property and routing with unique features throughout. Might be my favorite “new” course played this year.
Creek 8 – Holes 1 through 5 are terrific in their own right, but the Creek turns up the volume starting with the tee shot at #6 all the way to the 18th green.
Baltusrol (Lower) 8 – Hadn’t played it prior to Hanse’s restoration/renovation work but thought the course was outstanding and better than anticipated. Certainly among the best in New Jersey.
Merion (West) 6 – First time ever playing the West after a morning round on the East. Loved the old school vibe of the property and individual holes. A resto/renovation to the West to restore even more “quirk” would easily bump it up.
Philadelphia Cricket (St. Martin’s) 5 – [size=0pt]Well above the average golf course, and worth seeing this relic (in a good way!) if you’re in the Philly area and looking for an emergency 9.[/size]

Revisit
Pasatiempo 8 – Always a treat to play. Potentially the best back 9 in California. The tight corridors at holes 6, 7, and 8 are what hold it back from being a 9 or even a 10, but the rest is great golf!
Aronimink 8 – Returned home for a couple rounds that also included Merion and Cricket. AGC easily the toughest of the bunch for me, but the widened fairways allowed for more playability into the unique green complexes. In the area of Flynn’s best work, this is a great alternative!
Merion (East) 10 – Remains my favorite golf course and am a big fan of Hanse’s work which has grown in nicely. Every hole is unique. Every shot is different. Greens and green complexes are outstanding.
Philadelphia Cricket (Wissahickon) 8 – First play since Keith Foster’s restoration, and amazed at how incredibly varied all the holes are. The long holes are indeed long (e.g. Nos. 9 and 18) while the shorter holes have real interest. Excellent variety among the par 3s

Jake Marvin

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2021, 09:56:58 PM »
I played a lot of new courses this year - not going to count, but probably 80 or so. This is largely due to moving to a new city and thinking that there had to be a public course I'd want to go back to. As noted elsewhere, Charlotte is not that sort of town (although Mooresville is about the best I found). Anyways, I'll keep it to some of the more interesting ones, and round to sate the Doak score purists.

Harvester - 8 - Somebody, please, talk me off the ledge on Harvester. Tell me a single hole between two and seventeen is not at least very good, and that any less than nine of the holes aren't great (2,3,4,6,7,9,11,14,15,17. There's ten.). I want to round up to 9, but that feels impossible. It could host a major tomorrow if anyone cared to go to Des Moines.

Ozarks National & Payne's Valley - 8 & 8 - For a resort entirely dedicated to fake nature, Big Cedar refreshingly let Bill and Ben do their thing on a ridge that's basically the perfect width to string golf holes along. Excellent views everywhere, and several top class holes. Depressing how poor the pace of play was. Payne's Valley was enormous and Augusta-like. Cart-balling Mr. Marvin enjoyed it very much, but I walked it just fine. The eighteenth is a remarkable hole - something unique in golf by my reckoning. Turn your brain off after the eighteenth green as Johnny Morris' nineteenth hole experience (yes, it's an actual par three) is... garish.

Davenport - 7 - My first Alison experience, and a great one, although I somehow expected more. The par threes are simple but knock it out of the park. Overall, a few too many pedestrian holes for a course that's been making noise in some rankings, but a few excellent ones as well.

Cedar Rapids - 8 - When my uncle went bald, not by choice, I told him it worked for him. When Cedar Rapids went bald, not by choice, it may have become its best iteration yet. I never saw Cedar Rapids with any trees (see Vaughn's posts on last year's derecho), but I wouldn't be surprised if the storm has ultimately done the architecture a favor. It's rare to see so much of an inland course from any point on the property. Don't try to putt on eighteen in the dark.

Vestavia - 7 - Look, CC of B'ham is a fine golf course, but let's talk about what Lester George did on top of the nearest hill. What was a decent but tired Cobb course only needed a couple routing changes, a chainsaw, and some Golden-age style to become a compelling play. The back nine is Birmingham's answer to Lookout Mountain. The green slopes are broad but need to be - the "putting clock" found at Lookout would assist here. Could well be top five in Alabama.

Biltmore Forest - 7 - Donald Ross could build a great course of nothing but par fours. He really tried to here.

High Hampton - 6 - And close to a 7. Tom Fazio on a mild dose of sedatives.

Brights Creek - 6 - Tom Fazio in a Discovery Land Company sort of mood. No sedatives.

Balsam Mountain - 6 - It's either a 0 or a 6. Absolutely spectacular scenery and several holes where all you can do is step up to the tee and chuckle to yourself. Arnold Palmer's design consultant looks at a topographic map and laughs and suddenly, years later, you're standing on the eighth tee, about to hit a ball very, very far.

If anyone wants a thorough rundown of the fifty forgettable Doak 2s I played in Charlotte, I'm more than happy to oblige. It'll be a fun game of "90s housing development or Pretending-to-be-a-Ross."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back