News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Phil Burr

Re: ANA (aka the Dinah Shore) to move from Palm Springs to Houston
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2021, 11:49:10 AM »
I don't live in Houston nor have I played golf there, so I can't comment on the architectural merits of any potential venues.  I cling to my Whispering Pines idea because I don't want to see the LPGA's best home-grown major become a real estate publicity vehicle and find itself looking for a new home once its usefulness as a sales tool is exhausted.

Glad to see this thread finally found its way back to golf.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2021, 01:40:54 PM »
I don't live in Houston nor have I played golf there, so I can't comment on the architectural merits of any potential venues.  I cling to my Whispering Pines idea because I don't want to see the LPGA's best home-grown major become a real estate publicity vehicle and find itself looking for a new home once its usefulness as a sales tool is exhausted.

Glad to see this thread finally found its way back to golf.

That would be a site that is not a muni, resort or housing community that would be appropriate for a major.

Rob Marshall

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2021, 04:16:10 PM »
 Jackie Burke's place Champion's?
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

mike_beene

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2021, 11:14:52 PM »
Wow. George Orwell was right. But I doubt you ever heard of him.

mike_beene

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2021, 12:09:26 AM »
And one more thing Tim and Joel, I don’t come here for politics and there may even be some issues we agree upon. But to log on during a nice night and take personal attacks is not fun. I don’t know the answers, and my lobbying years remind me most don’t. Maybe you guys have wisdom I don’t or get directions from God I don’t get. But why , over a subject we must both love, do you feel the need to treat me and many others as second class, backwards, uneducated individuals. Bill Gates recommended the book Factfulness. Finally, if I told you I was a Christian you would have the wrong idea of what I am and believe. I hope you didn’t realize you were ruining a guys night. Let’s get back to golf. You can’t categorize your issues to bad people in bad parts. Obviously we have different upbringings from a manners perspective, and that is fine.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2021, 02:33:35 PM »
And one more thing Tim and Joel, I don’t come here for politics and there may even be some issues we agree upon. But to log on during a nice night and take personal attacks is not fun. I don’t know the answers, and my lobbying years remind me most don’t. Maybe you guys have wisdom I don’t or get directions from God I don’t get. But why , over a subject we must both love, do you feel the need to treat me and many others as second class, backwards, uneducated individuals. Bill Gates recommended the book Factfulness. Finally, if I told you I was a Christian you would have the wrong idea of what I am and believe. I hope you didn’t realize you were ruining a guys night. Let’s get back to golf. You can’t categorize your issues to bad people in bad parts. Obviously we have different upbringings from a manners perspective, and that is fine.

Regardless of your politics you have to question why the LPGA would ignore or was ignorant about moving this major tournament to a state that has recently enacted laws to restrict voting and limits a woman's right to choose what to do with her body?

The LPGA, Chevron, ANA are all big businesses. We all know that Chevron has basically no ethics but why would the LPGA follow suit?

Tim Leahy

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2021, 02:59:34 PM »

Regardless of your politics you have to question why the LPGA would ignore or was ignorant about moving this major tournament to a state that has recently enacted laws to restrict voting and limits a woman's right to choose what to do with her body?

The LPGA, Chevron, ANA are all big businesses. We all know that Chevron has basically no ethics but why would the LPGA follow suit?
+1
MLB moved the All Star game from Ga to Co for just the voting rights issues.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Rob Marshall

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2021, 09:50:06 PM »
Tim, your avatar is probably offensive to some LPGA members. I get the hypocrisy, I get your point but please can we just talk golf or golf courses. Please.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2021, 07:00:37 AM »
Tim has been a dick for years. What suddenly changed to where anyone cares?

Tim Leahy

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2021, 06:52:50 PM »
Coming from you the King of Dickness I am honored.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2021, 07:00:26 PM »
Coming from you the King of Dickness I am honored.

If you had graduated from Norte Dame you would have known that I am a mere Count.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2021, 07:22:44 PM »
Tim, your avatar is probably offensive to some LPGA members. I get the hypocrisy, I get your point but please can we just talk golf or golf courses. Please.
I didn't start this thread nor was I the the first person to address the political issues around the topic. There were 15 posts before my first. When Joel and myself were called out by name I responded to the attacker and will continue to respond to right wing crackpots that think only their opinion matters. I would love to just talk GCA here but politics and golf seem to go hand in hand. I suggest if you don't like a thread don't read it and move on like I do for any topics authored by JK. ;)

Rob Marshall

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2021, 07:59:27 PM »
I didn't start this thread nor was I the the first person to address the political issues around the topic. There were 15 posts before my first. When Joel and myself were called out by name I responded to the attacker and will continue to respond to right wing crackpots that think only their opinion matters. I would love to just talk GCA here but politics and golf seem to go hand in hand. I suggest if you don't like a thread don't read it and move on like I do for any topics[size=78%] authored by JK.[/size] ;)

Not going to argue with you Tim.

Mike Schott

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2021, 08:58:18 PM »
It does seem that the LPGA is being tone deaf in this move based on the current "woke" culture. People have become far more conscious and inclusive so following the money is a bit clueless and moving a permanent LPGA major to this state at this time is utterly baffling outside of the financial aspect. Bad move.

Pat Burke

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2021, 06:00:11 PM »
It does seem that the LPGA is being tone deaf in this move based on the current "woke" culture. People have become far more conscious and inclusive so following the money is a bit clueless and moving a permanent LPGA major to this state at this time is utterly baffling outside of the financial aspect. Bad move.

As some expect the LPGA to not capitalize on the opportunity to avoid Texas and make a political point, maybe all those in disagreement with current policies should show their mettle and leave the state?

Or is it just others who need courage of convictions??

Brock Lynch

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2021, 10:49:57 PM »

As some expect the LPGA to not capitalize on the opportunity to avoid Texas and make a political point, maybe all those in disagreement with current policies should show their mettle and leave the state?

Pat,

Not you too? I always find your posts solid and to the point. Where this discussion has gone, there is no point to be made.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 10:51:50 PM by Brock Lynch »

mike_beene

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2021, 12:48:59 AM »
Tim. This is a golf architecture sight. Your accusations are inaccurate.There are fine people on both sides of your issues. From what I can tell, you are not one of them. I expect more from a Notre Dame graduate. I hope we are not subsidizing your health insurance. That would be a waste.

Pat Burke

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2021, 01:15:34 AM »

Pat,

Not you too? I always find your posts solid and to the point. Where this discussion has gone, there is no point to be made.

I’m sorry, I can read it now and see how it would Appear to be too political.

I was more attempting a smart assed comment about this whole thing. It sure seems like These days many expect others to fight the battles they believe in. But I’ll check out.
Most of what I believe in golf isn’t too well fitting in here anymore

Tim Leahy

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2021, 02:06:59 AM »
Tim. This is a golf architecture sight. Your accusations are inaccurate.There are fine people on both sides of your issues. From what I can tell, you are not one of them. I expect more from a Notre Dame graduate. I hope we are not subsidizing your health insurance. That would be a waste.
Been drinking much tonight Beensy? "There are fine people on both sides" seems like we've heard that statement from another rightwing crackpot arsehole.

Mike Schott

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2021, 07:54:59 AM »

Pat, it doesn’t have to be couched as a political point. The big issue is that woke culture has been politicized instead of standing on its own. Injecting politics into human rights is disgusting.

mike_beene

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2021, 08:20:11 AM »
Only Diet Coke.I am signing off this one.Get a life.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2021, 01:01:13 PM »

If you post such garbage on diet coke, I would hate to hear what you would come up with on something stronger.
I believe health care is a human right. Not believing that puts you in a minority. I believe health care is a God given right. Not believing that puts you where?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2021, 09:18:28 PM »
I had an interesting Twitter exchange today with Mike Whan who was the commissioner of the LPGA and now heads up the USGA.  He wouldn't touch the political side of moving to Texas but said it was "Simple (yet painful) decision, NO title sponsor, NO earlier dates from course (to avoid Augusta), NO way to fund growth in purse, fans, TV, etc".

mike_beene

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2021, 12:04:15 AM »
My point obviously was not well communicated because it seems to have been misunderstood . If I don’t make myself clear, that is my fault, not yours. While points on golf course architecture should be carefully set out, this other noise is not important to GCA issues. Accusing me of poor communication is good and humbling. I have to many yes people in my life.It is refreshing to be thought of poorly, even if I don’t know you or why!Maybe a little motivation for the lucky lives we all seem to live.

Steve Lang

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2022, 09:00:25 PM »
 8)   If anyone interested, they've announced moving the Dinah to Carlton Woods, the Nicklaus Signature course.  I'm sure the LPGA will like the accommodations...   

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/06/07/lpga-chevron-championship-dates-for-2023/

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back