News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

OT How I spent my summer vacation
« on: July 05, 2021, 12:26:40 PM »
This is an unusual summer for me. I am still recovering from foot surgery but hope to play golf by the middle of August. I have not played since last September. Until then I have had to do something to occupy my time. Rehabbing my foot only takes an hour a day. I do have some golf scheduled for September.

I have been reading some golf books. I read that new biography of Fowler, which is excellent and I highly recommend it.

https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,69651.msg1675215.html#msg1675215

I have spent time with the second triumvirate: Nelson, Hogan, and Snead. There are a bunch of books about them. All enjoyable.

I wrote a couple of little books about Luther, a petite Theological history of the Lutheran Church to 1817, and a brief commentary on the book of Job. All privately printed. Only an extremely tiny market for them.

And I have been playing chess against the computer. My grandaughter has gotten into chess and when we go to De3nver in the Autumn I don't want to get beten too badly.

I can't wait until my exile is over.

I hope your summer is more exciting. I'd love to her where you are playing. I can live vicariously.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 12:45:01 PM by Tommy Williamsen »
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

John Emerson

Re: OT How I spent my summer vacation
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 01:46:00 PM »
I play chess daily as well.  Learned when I was young, but covid was a blessing that made me actually study and understand what I was doing.  I’ve gotten so much better over the past two years and especially the last 16 months.  If you have an online account I’m always up for a game.
“There’s links golf, then everything else.”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back