GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Tillinghast and Harmon Golf Course, Lebanon, Oh.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Karl Jensen:
Bill,

See this newspaper article from 1917. I don't know the official name for the club. Whether it was Harmon CC or Harmon GC.

Harmon on the Hudson article, 12 Mar 1917 Hartford, CT Courant newspaper

Bret Lawrence:
There was a list of Tillinghast courses posted earlier this year in a thread about the Anglo-American Club in Quebec, Canada.  The thread contained a link with an advertisement listing Tillinghast’s work.  The advertisement is undated, but it is likely from the late 1920’s.  The timing would be after Tillinghast worked at Winged Foot, but prior to his work at Brooklawn in CT.  This advertisement lists a nine-hole course called Harmon Country Club in Harmon, NY.  The list of Tillinghast courses doesn’t seem to contain any work in Ohio up to this point of his career.  Here is the link that was posted by Ben Malach.  If you scroll half way down the page you will see the advertisement.

https://blog.torontogolfnuts.com/the-curious-case-of-quebecs-missing-a-w-tillinghast-golf-course/

Karl Jensen:
The Tillinghast Tri-fold Advertising Brochure is from 1925.

Bret Lawrence:
Thanks Karl. 

I just realized the advertisement does include one course in Ohio.  27 holes for Lakewood Country Club in Cleveland, Ohio.

Karl Jensen:
Bret, I was informed today that a more accurate date of Tillinghast's brochure is Jan 1926.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version