News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Mandel

OT: WALKER CUP TICKETS
« on: April 29, 2021, 11:21:01 AM »
I have 2 tickets to next weekends Walker Cup at Seminole that I can no longer use. I am selling them whole (Fri/Sat/Sun) for face value. Please PM me if you are interested. I'd love to see them go to a GCA enthusiast.

Thanks!
Jason
You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

archie_struthers

Re: OT: WALKER CUP TICKETS
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 12:55:09 PM »
 8)
Jason you are the man   ....someone get them and enjoy it's a great show

Bill Crane

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 05:09:12 PM »
The Walker Cup at Merion was one of my favorite if not favorite golf viewing experience.    Better than corporate tents at Shinnecock, Baltusrol and Winged Foot.  Better than 18th hole Skybox tickets at the Deutsche Bank with Martinis and Lobster sandwiches ( for over a decade !).
Even better still that I have been fortunate to play many rounds at Merion and know the course well.   Have been trying to get to another Walker Cup since then without success.
With no ropes - Ricky Fowler tapped me on the shoulder and asked me and my son to move so he could access his ball in the 14th fairway at Merion.   
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 05:13:02 PM by Bill Crane »

Mark Lester

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 12:24:04 PM »
The Walker cup at Merion was the first one I attended. What a thrill to walk on those storied fairways.
My second and favorite Walker cup was 2013 at National, where we sat on top of the Alps fairway hill and watched the competitors play approach shots over our heads.

One of the high points was seeing an embroidered club belt on a spectator from the Links Club. The logo was the same as NGLA logo but only one figure instead of 2. This was pointed out to me by the long time greenskeeper of Quogue Field Club: John Bradley Jr.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back