News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Boca West hires Fry/Straka for Master Plan
« on: June 28, 2022, 12:44:18 PM »

Boca West is continuously ranked as one of the top residential golf clubs in the world, and architects Pete Dye, Arnold Palmer and Jim Fazio used their legendary talents to create four distinct 18-hole golf courses. The courses feature strategically placed bunkers and rolling fairways that provide golfers of all levels with challenges.  In order to keep up with the evolving game of golf and to meet the demands of its members, the club recently began the process of seeking a golf course architecture firm to assist with a new master plan for course improvements. After interviewing several talented individuals and firms, the club chose Fry/Straka Global Golf Course Design to lead its club through the renovation process to fully redevelop all four courses over the next six years.

Read more:

https://www.bocawestcc.org/boca-west-country-club-selects-fry-straka-global-course-design/
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 01:02:31 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Jerry Kluger

Re: Boca West hires Fry/Straka for Master Plan
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 05:31:18 PM »
I wonder if they will still try to identify the courses by their original architects or by the new team?  I was told that Nicklaus will not allow his name to be associated with a course which he originally designed unless he is hired to do the renovation when such is done.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 06:54:20 PM »
I was told that Nicklaus will not allow his name to be associated with a course which he originally designed unless he is hired to do the renovation when such is done.
Isn't that right now controlled by the Nicklaus Companies and not Jack himself?  The Nicklaus Companies sued Jack about a month ago.

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 09:36:19 AM »
I haven't seen every golf course press release, but I've seen a lot of them and that's the first time I've seen the phrase "fully redevelop" used, rather than "restore," "renovate," "redesign," "remaster" or "reimagine."

I have to think there's a reason for that and I'll be curious to learn what it is.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

archie_struthers

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 01:55:21 PM »
 8)

Maybe I can get some details in a few days …couple of my buddies work there

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 06:28:08 PM »
“We are thrilled to work with Fry/Straka Golf Course Design in order to keep up with the evolving game of golf and to meet the demands of our Members, today and long into the future, Boca West continues to lead the way offering the most advanced amenities,” said Matthew Linderman, CCM, President, COO and General Manager of Boca West Country Club.  “Our work with Fry/Straka follows the recent opening of a $50 million Golf & Activities Center and our under construction $45 million new Aquatics & Fitness Center. We are extremely excited about our new partnership with Dana and Jason which will aid us in elevating our already highly recognized golf facilities as a premier golfer’s paradise.”

I think they beat Mirasol in $$$ spent so far. ;D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 07:55:30 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 09:07:11 PM »
What version of Fry/Straka are we getting. The over the top gaudy version like at Union League in New Jersey or the Donald Ross sympathetic version of Bellaire in Tampa?

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2022, 08:00:23 AM »
sympathetic version of Bellaire in Tampa?

Not quite sure what this means?

V_Halyard

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2022, 11:40:55 AM »
I haven't seen every golf course press release, but I've seen a lot of them and that's the first time I've seen the phrase "fully redevelop" used, rather than "restore," "renovate," "redesign," "remaster" or "reimagine."

I have to think there's a reason for that and I'll be curious to learn what it is.

Was thinking the same thing
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2022, 09:15:37 PM »
I hope that we get the South Course at Arcadia Bluffs version.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back