News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Topgolf is taking over a golf course in El Segundo, CA ...
« on: February 09, 2021, 10:25:12 AM »
As part of a deal with the city of El Segundo, Topgolf will assume operations of the 9-hole municipal course at The Lakes at El Segundo, which abuts the iconic Pacific Coast Highway. The footprint of the course itself will shrink slightly — the first and ninth holes will be shortened by a combined 100 yards — but it will undergo a renovation that includes lights for night golf and an enhanced pro shop and clubhouse. The facilities are scheduled to open in 2022.
Read more:

https://golf.com/travel/courses/muni-mondays-topgolf-southern-california
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 10:55:49 AM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Jeff Schley

Re: Topgolf is taking over a golf course in El Segundo, CA ...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 10:28:55 AM »
I spent a lot of time at the Lakes at El Segundo which was run by Larry Griebenow a former UCLA volleyball player. Very good location and the range was usually very busy when I played there 20 years ago or so. Only course I ever had 3 birdies in a row, which was exactly once! ;D
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

astavrides

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 04:14:02 PM »
I spent a lot of time at the Lakes at El Segundo which was run by Larry Griebenow a former UCLA volleyball player. Very good location and the range was usually very busy when I played there 20 years ago or so. Only course I ever had 3 birdies in a row, which was exactly once! ;D

Since we're telling personal triumph stories, I got paired with the Juggy Twins there once (you can google them if you weren't a fan of the Man Show). Former college basketball players, they could hit a golf ball a pretty long way considering they weren't really accomplished golfers.

Matthew Petersen

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 05:23:18 PM »
Nice spin to say it abuts the iconic Hwy 1 ...

and leave out that on the other side of the highway is a gigantic oil refinery. And I believe a wastewater treatment facility is to the south.

But, yeah, man, the PCH.

Steve Lang

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 06:32:29 PM »
 8)  Chevron, El Segundo Refinery... ;D
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

James Bennett

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 02:39:26 AM »
If it wasn't for the refinery, it would be housing.

Inner city golf is rarely on good land, but it makes the local neighbourhood immeasurably better.
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Jeff Schley

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 12:04:40 PM »
Ariel of the 9 hole course for those who aren't familiar.

"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back