News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Elvins

Re: Reed Does It Again
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2021, 04:07:01 PM »
Did you listen to Get a Grip with Max Homa? #53? He says what Patrick did they all do week in and week out. That procedurally it was fine.
But Max is also wasting his time I guess.

Sure, what Max said was the question should be whether Reed built his lie or not. 

It's pretty obvious that a large section of the tour cohort thinks Reed cheated by building his lie when he was picking up his ball or feeling around for a pitch mark.  As Max can't prove it, he wasn't going to say that he did.

Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2021, 04:18:18 PM »
An embedded ball, it seems in these cases, was a judgement call -- unlike relief from a cart path or penalty area situation or if a ball deeply plugged.
The judgment is just whether the conditions are met from 16.3. You cited relief from a cart path, but there's still some judgment there as to the reasonable-ness of the stance taken if your heel is just on the path, for example.

Erik didn't sway me on sportsmanship, transparency, spirit of the rules, and integrity.  The last thing I would want to jeopardize is the trust & respect of my competitors...or in my case, my friends at my club.

What did Patrick do to be a poor sport? What did Rory do to be a poor sport?

It's completely a made up construct that you have to invite people over to you to watch you pick up a ball. Max Homa talked about it on the podcast that they want players doing more of these things themselves. He said they'll yell over to their group and their group will go "yeah, okay, whatever."

You don't have to answer, of course. If you're not swayed, you're not swayed. And that's fine, of course.

Sure, what Max said was the question should be whether Reed built his lie or not.

He said more than that, of course. He said, too, what I just typed above to Mike. He said that the process that Patrick did was fine, even though Brandel was going on and on about it. And more.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Rob Marshall

« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2021, 04:31:14 PM »
"I'm not going to share stuff shared privately doesn't mean it's not true"
That's not the quote. It's "And just because I'm not going to share stuff shared privately doesn't mean it's not true."

I'm not going to share the sources of that information, nor many details.

Yet you shared stuff that was supposedly shared privately?
No. I shared that he was abused by his parents. You can find little bits here and there, publicly available, about the abuse Patrick suffered as a child. Again, I'm not sharing the sources nor am I sharing any of the specific examples.

I've never seen someone work so hard to make themselves appear to be important. I will ignore your posts and you can ignore mine.
FINALLY!

Oh what a happy day! Enjoy your hatred. You've got a deal!

P.S. And, yeah, typing a few sentences is really hard work. Time for a break, I'm exhausted! My doctor said to lose ten pounds. I figure another ten or fifteen sentences and I'll be there!

EriK,
I don't hate you or Patrick Reed.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Thomas Dai

« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2021, 04:31:34 PM »
There have been various comments about Rory’s drop on the 18th in relation to the Reed incident.
Am I reading right that it’s now been admitted that Rory’s ball was actually stood on by a volunteer marshall.
If so it’s surely apology time from a few folks, some of whom were on the premises at the time. False accusations etc?
Atb

Rob Marshall

« Reply #229 on: February 03, 2021, 04:34:09 PM »
There have been various comments about Rory’s drop on the 18th in relation to the Reed incident.
Am I reading right that it’s now been admitted that Rory’s ball was actually stood on by a volunteer marshall.
If so it’s surely apology time from a few folks, some of whom were on the premises at the time. False accusations etc?
Atb

Are you sure you don't have that mixed up with what happened at the PGA at Harding?

You are correct.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/55927724#:~:text=Rory%20McIlroy%20says%20his%20embedded,after%20he%20hit%20a%20shot.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 05:29:48 PM by Rob Marshall »

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2021, 04:48:47 PM »
I will ignore your posts…
EriK,
Well that didn't last long.  :)

There have been various comments about Rory’s drop on the 18th in relation to the Reed incident.Am I reading right that it’s now been admitted that Rory’s ball was actually stood on by a volunteer marshall.If so it’s surely apology time from a few folks, some of whom were on the premises at the time. False accusations etc?

What would these people be apologizing for?
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas

Jason Thurman

« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2021, 05:55:03 PM »
P.S. And, yeah, typing a few sentences is really hard work. Time for a break, I'm exhausted!

I wish, so desperately, that this wasn't sarcasm.

Remember when Ian pronounced the horse dead on Monday? I miss those simpler times.

Then again, you're probably only a few thousand words from changing your first mind. Keep whacking, I guess.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2021, 06:00:52 PM »
I wish, so desperately, that this wasn't sarcasm.

Remember when Ian pronounced the horse dead on Monday? I miss those simpler times.

Then again, you're probably only a few thousand words from changing your first mind. Keep whacking, I guess.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. …" - Evan Turner
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas

John_Cullum

« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2021, 06:02:36 PM »
He mis-handled his ball, and presumably the lie it was in,

I love how you leap to these conclusions. God help any poor bastard that ever sees you in the jury box.
Raynor was a hack

Kalen Braley

« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2021, 06:22:41 PM »

I love how you leap to these conclusions. God help any poor bastard that ever sees you in the jury box.

John,

Amen to that one, the last thing a defendant wants is a juror who defaults to logical reasoning. 

And when we apply Occam's Razor to this scenario, to arrive at the conclusion that Patrick handled this appropriately, (even if condoned by the rules), it remains a dubious and illogical conclusion at best.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2021, 07:05:42 PM »

John,

Amen to that one, the last thing a defendant wants is a juror who defaults to logical reasoning. 

And when we apply Occam's Razor to this scenario, to arrive at the conclusion that Patrick handled this appropriately, (even if condoned by the rules), it remains a dubious and illogical conclusion at best.
Thank God this never happened during a Grudge Match :D

Anthony Butler

« Reply #236 on: February 04, 2021, 10:14:44 AM »
"and just because I'm not going to share stuff shared privately doesn't mean it's not true."

Are you delusional? If true you already did.
I can see how you're confused. You asked me to share the source ("Where did you get that from?"). I'm not going to share the source(s). That's the "sharing" was referring to, as I know what I've already typed.

Believe it or don't. Doesn't matter to me. I'll only say I've heard more than enough from enough people to have a very different opinion on Reed having his parents removed from events than "more proof that Patrick sucks!"

I’m starting to suspect that ‘Erik J Barzeski’ is a cover account for Reed’s wife or someone connected to her. I’m amazed you have all this time to respond here, given all the fake Twitter accounts you’re operating to slander other members of the PGA Tour.

Let’s just say there were “very fine people on both sides” of this debate and leave it at that, Justine.
Next!

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #237 on: February 04, 2021, 11:38:30 AM »
Oy.

You figured it out Anthony. Great work. You win an ice cream cone.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas

Rob Marshall

« Reply #238 on: February 04, 2021, 11:44:44 AM »
"and just because I'm not going to share stuff shared privately doesn't mean it's not true."

Are you delusional? If true you already did.
I can see how you're confused. You asked me to share the source ("Where did you get that from?"). I'm not going to share the source(s). That's the "sharing" was referring to, as I know what I've already typed.

Believe it or don't. Doesn't matter to me. I'll only say I've heard more than enough from enough people to have a very different opinion on Reed having his parents removed from events than "more proof that Patrick sucks!"

I’m starting to suspect that ‘Erik J Barzeski’ is a cover account for Reed’s wife or someone connected to her. I’m amazed you have all this time to respond here, given all the fake Twitter accounts you’re operating to slander other members of the PGA Tour.

Let’s just say there were “very fine people on both sides” of this debate and leave it at that, Justine.

Can't wait to hear what his parents have to say about Erik's claim.

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #239 on: February 04, 2021, 12:02:56 PM »
Can't wait to hear what his parents have to say about Erik's claim.
So much for your promise.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas

Jim O’Kane

« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2022, 12:40:13 PM »
Lou and I are starting to agree on more things.  I suspect it will cause both of us to want to reconsider.  But he has it right here.  Much of what people are raising here really are criticisms of the rules and, in particular recent changes.  While I can't say that I am in total accord with the modifications, they came after years of study by those who were expert in the rules and who had real experience in applying them.  As for the suggestion that officials use technology to communicate, even in our Chicago District tournaments we communicate among officials via radio or, more recently, by cell or text to make sure we get it right.  Finally, as for Reed, his reputation precedes him.  But in this case he complied with the rules, at least procedurally.  Since no one other than Reed actually saw the lie, we will never know whether the ball was embedded.  Unfortunately, that is part of the cost of playing a game over a large acreage where players are expected to adhere to the rules.  It tends to work pretty well.  I note that in other games where officials are ubiquitous, players try to "bend" the rules and the officials are tasked with 'catching" them.  I officiated basketball and I understand that gestalt.  I prefer the golf approach and we will just have to figure out a way to deal with the occasional outlier.

I miss playing in CDGA events when I was young and growing up outside of Chicago. ALWAYS a first class operation.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back