News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Cal Carlisle

Re: Midwest USA GCA Knockout 2021
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2022, 02:54:51 PM »
I'd like to join. I'm here in Cleveland.

Jim O’Kane

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2022, 01:19:05 PM »
I would like to be considered as well. Even though I am in Atlanta, I get back to the Chicagoland area a few times a year to visit family and squeeze in golf at some of my old haunts, as well as trying to tick the boxes a number of them that I missed when I was young and foolish and had the opportunity I had right before my eyes.

I missed so many -- some were private, and now public. Of the private ones, I just didn't get around to them participating in CDGA events. Then many public classic ones, like Cog Hill 4. Never played it. Only #2. And I'd like to see the rework done at Mt. Prospect that I hear so much about. 

And, some of the new ones that have come along in the Chicagoland area intrigue me immensely, like Prarie Landing and Stonewall Orchard.

In any event, the GCA KO sounds like tons of fun and a great format to see other courses and meet like minded folks.

Anthony Fowler

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2022, 01:11:43 PM »
Great. I'd like to play again. I'm in Chicago.

Sadly, winter came before we were able to finish the 2021 bracket. Perhaps we can try to do that this spring. Better late than never!

Ryan Taylor

« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2022, 02:19:33 PM »
I'm in again. Michigan or Chicagoland bracket will work! Thanks for setting up.
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

JLahrman

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2022, 04:29:52 PM »
Hey all, I'm not sure I'd be able to join this, but I am moving from Austin TX to Grand Rapids MI in June. Given the craziness of the move, and that I barely actually play golf anymore, I probably shouldn't sign up in the bracket. BUT I would love to meet some of the midwestern GCA folks, especially those around Michigan. Maybe I can even be a third for one of the matches to make sure all the scoring is up to snuff! I didn't want to start a new thread about my move, so I thought I'd post here. LMK if you'd like to try to meet up at some point, I'll need some new friends LOL.

Bill Seitz

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2022, 01:09:41 AM »
I'll throw my name in again and maybe even play this time.

Richard Hetzel

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2022, 07:00:36 AM »
I'm in as well. Cincinnati.
Last 7:
Westbrook CC (OH), NCR CC South (OH), Fort Jackson Wildcat (SC), True Blue GC (SC), Pinewood CC (NC), Asheboro Muni (NC), Dye River Course (VA)

John McCarthy

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2022, 02:49:16 PM »
I have enjoyed every match I have played, even the drubbing last fall at Beverly. 

Count me in.
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back