News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Ober

Re: Congratulations to Forrest Richardson
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2020, 10:02:09 PM »
Congratulations!

I'm sure you've already been informed, but it's customary to treat this board's entire membership to a round of golf at a World Top-50 course upon your induction, so ... thanks. ;-)

Mark Kiely

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2020, 10:31:36 PM »
Congratulations!

I'm sure you've already been informed, but it's customary to treat this board's entire membership to a round of golf at a World Top-50 course upon your induction, so ... thanks. ;-)

Based on the generosity Forrest showed to a friend of mine, I wouldn't doubt if he did that.

Congrats Forrest!!!
My golf course photo albums on Flickr: https://goo.gl/dWPF9z

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2020, 10:15:28 PM »
Here is Forrest's message to the ASGCA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s9-qhhT3nQ
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 12:07:20 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Garland Bayley

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2020, 12:18:43 PM »
I played Olivas Links a few years ago and just enjoyed the heck out of it. I could play along the ground or through the air depending on how the wind was blowing. It is a wonderful public option for the area.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2020, 01:08:29 PM »
Thanks Tommy — nice "review". Olivas Links was a fun project in many respects. The wind was certainly a major design factor. I continually hear that No. 14 is a "bear", which leads me to believe they played in the afternoon.
— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

David Druzisky

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2020, 05:48:45 PM »
Absolutely congrats Forest!  The Ross Tartan fits you nicely buddy.

Forest visited my work and signed off on me for the Society membership application process long ago.  It didn't cost me too much.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2020, 07:42:35 PM »
Absolutely congrats Forest!  The Ross Tartan fits you nicely buddy.

Forest visited my work and signed off on me for the Society membership application process long ago.  It didn't cost me too much.

It did, however, cost Forrest an “r”.......😁
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2020, 09:58:20 PM »
Congrats Forrest, best of luck!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Matthew Petersen

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2020, 02:01:48 PM »
Thanks Tommy — nice "review". Olivas Links was a fun project in many respects. The wind was certainly a major design factor. I continually hear that No. 14 is a "bear", which leads me to believe they played in the afternoon.

Olivas is a pleasure. I've hit as much as driver and as little as 9 iron into the 13th, which (as Forrest well known but other may not) is a par 3 that plays in the same direction as 14 and to a large green. Depends on the time of day (afternoon vs. morning) and where the hole is located.

Neal_Meagher

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2020, 07:46:19 PM »
Let me add my congratulations to Forrest as well.  Your passion for golf and the people who play it and those who build the courses is clear.  you will make a superb leader.
The purpose of art is to delight us; certain men and women (no smarter than you or I) whose art can delight us have been given dispensation from going out and fetching water and carrying wood. It's no more elaborate than that. - David Mamet

www.nealmeaghergolf.com

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2020, 11:07:26 PM »
Congratulations Forrest.

Have you set out an agenda for what you want to accomplish? 

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2020, 01:11:18 PM »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 01:13:07 PM by Tommy Williamsen »
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2020, 02:01:35 PM »
Congratulations Forrest.

Have you set out an agenda for what you want to accomplish?

I don’t know if this is a traditional function of the ASGCA president, but Forrest is so articulate (as an architect) and seemingly so well-rounded (as a person) that I think he should consider advocating for-promoting not only golf architects but also the game of golf itself — eg its health benefits, the value of its green space, the new environmentally sensitive irrigation approaches etc.
Golf needs the support, and golf architects are only working if the game and its courses are being supported/promoted.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 02:09:18 PM by Peter Pallotta »

Garland Bayley

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2020, 02:31:53 PM »
Forrest,

I think Peter just applied to be your Chief-of-staff.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back