News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joel_Stewart

MacArthur selects C&C to build second course
« on: October 31, 2020, 11:13:36 AM »
A few weeks ago I read on Twitter that MacArthur had selected C&C to build a second course.  Since then I've heard nothing. 

It will be an interesting contrast seeing a Bill Coore course against the Fazio-Nick Price course.

Has anyone seen a confirmation?

Rob Marshall

Re: MacArthur selects C&C to build second course
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 04:18:49 PM »
Not to hijack but why do I get the impression Crenshaw doesn’t get much respect? I’m not pointing the finger at you Joel. I get it from many posters here including Tom. Is his role in C&C minor?
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 05:07:18 PM »
Not to hijack but why do I get the impression Crenshaw doesn’t get much respect? I’m not pointing the finger at you Joel. I get it from many posters here including Tom.

You've somehow gotten the impression that I don't have much respect for Ben Crenshaw, who has treated me like his cousin for forty years?  That might be the most offensive post I have seen here.  Emphatically not true.

Rob Marshall

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 05:20:40 PM »
Not to hijack but why do I get the impression Crenshaw doesn’t get much respect? I’m not pointing the finger at you Joel. I get it from many posters here including Tom.

You've somehow gotten the impression that I don't have much respect for Ben Crenshaw, who has treated me like his cousin for forty years?  That might be the most offensive post I have seen here.  Emphatically not true.

Respect was a poor choice of words. It just seems to me that Coore is mentioned much more than Crenshaw when their courses are discussed. It made me wonder if he wasn’t very active any longer. I apologize.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Drew Harvie

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 11:50:34 PM »
I've heard the same reports from sources, but no official confirmation. Should be open late next year I guess though. Those guys are busy!

John Nixon

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 06:22:43 AM »
Who, what or where is MacArthur? We don't all get the industry insider references.

Thanks.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 06:33:07 AM »
Google "Macarthur golf" and your choices are East Chicago and Hobe Sound. The latter has more land available than the former.

HILARIOUSLY, up to this point, we've misspelled McArthur Golf Club references.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 06:39:17 AM by Ronald Montesano »
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Paul Rudovsky

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 10:16:23 PM »
Home of what is for sure the greatest logo in the game: "the milk bottle"

also home of one of the most under recognized superb new courses IMO

Scott Warren

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2020, 10:42:21 PM »
Not to hijack but why do I get the impression Crenshaw doesn’t get much respect? I’m not pointing the finger at you Joel. I get it from many posters here including Tom. Is his role in C&C minor?

You should listen to The Fried Egg’s “Yolk with Doak” podcast series. With the exception of Mr and Mrs Dye, there’s nobody in the industry that Tom has repeatedly spoken about with clear, deep respect, admiration and appreciation than Ben Crenshaw.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back