News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom_Doak

Re: "Golf As It Was Meant To Be" NLU Vids
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2020, 02:19:10 PM »
It's okay for them to have an opinion of the courses, even if they're based on one play, and some of the opinions are skewed.  Everyone gets to make the show they want to make.

In the early days posters here questioned whether Pacific Dunes was too easy to be considered great; NLU portrayed it as extremely testing because they played in a 30 mph summer afternoon wind.  Sure, but that's pretty much true of any of the other courses there, except for possibly Old Mac because it has so much room.

William_G

« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2020, 05:53:30 PM »
the TS stuff is easily their best thing going

their website and discussion board will be behind a paywall next year to help identify fake accounts/posts

can't wait for TS Bandon Dunes

thank you NLU, awesome stuff
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 11:15:03 AM by William_G »
It's all about the golf!

Amol Yajnik

« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2020, 11:52:25 AM »
their website and discussion board is largely an uncivilized, unbridled dumpster fire, which appeals to their folks
How ironic, some people on that board would say the same about threads here.
FWIW, I am a member of both places, and more active on NLU's board.
Dumpster fire would likely more apply to the Foreplay group from Barstool Sports and their associated "fans."

William_G

« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2020, 01:04:42 PM »
their website and discussion board is largely an uncivilized, unbridled dumpster fire, which appeals to their folks
How ironic, some people on that board would say the same about threads here.
FWIW, I am a member of both places, and more active on NLU's board.
Dumpster fire would likely more apply to the Foreplay group from Barstool Sports and their associated "fans."

where is the dumpster fire here? please tell
seems more like a riot over there
what's your name on NLU? we should look you up, fun stuff
have you read the stuff posted on the message board on NLU...cray cray
respectfully
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 01:18:05 PM by William_G »
It's all about the golf!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2020, 01:43:23 PM »
Gotta agree with William here...

I've been on chat boards/groups for 20+ years across various topics and genres, and GCA is by far and away the most civil despite some occasional shortcomings.  I give Ran all the credit in the world for keeping this site free from bad behavior and advertising that infects nearly everything else.

William_G

« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2020, 01:59:18 PM »
NLU should be applauded for the TS stuff, the music, golf. interviews, drone stuff are fantastic
It's all about the golf!

William_G

« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2020, 10:41:44 AM »
TS Bandon Dunes up tomorrow, how will they go out of Bandon?
It's all about the golf!

William_G

« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2020, 10:59:10 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXMPIUmxnVc

thank you everyone for showcasing Bandon, Oregon

great stuff
It's all about the golf!

William_G

« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2020, 05:27:01 PM »
NLU Podcast 381 is very good with DMK going in depth on Bandon Dunes
It's all about the golf!

Steve Lang

« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2020, 09:58:26 PM »
 8)  NLU better focus on quality content, because I see they only have 69k youtube subscribers, while the gm_golf kids have 364k subscribers...
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Alex Miller

« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2020, 12:20:12 PM »
8)  NLU better focus on quality content, because I see they only have 69k youtube subscribers, while the gm_golf kids have 364k subscribers...

NLU seems to be doing well with their podcasts and other avenues as well and I hope they continue, but while we're on the subject of millenial / Gen X golf influencers...

I'm really encouraged by what's out there! And the success of GM Golf (or Good Good which is their collab channel) seems to be a really good thing for golf in my eyes. Their brand is all about making golf fun, it's clean (no cursing), and they seem to really connect with young people new to the game. Glad to see George Bryan and Kyle Berkshire crossing over with them too as I think they create compelling and FUN content too.

Steve Lang

« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2020, 12:42:15 PM »
 8) Alex,

Totally agree.  Vid's of friends playing golf and having fun has to bring more and more participants, young and old to the sport.   I still play each summer with friends met when 9 yrs old at muni next to where I grew up...  game for a lifetime indeed!
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Jason Thurman

« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2020, 11:04:49 AM »
They also visited Bandon Crossings. I enjoyed getting a chance to see it, personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJTrLWxfopg
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back