News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dave Doxey

North Wales Golf Club
« on: August 05, 2022, 12:29:53 PM »
Many years ago, I played a couple of very enjoyable rounds at the North Wales Golf Club in Llandudno.  As a walk-on the first day, I ended up playing with some very friendly members who invited me back to play the next day.   

The club web site is light on history other than the course dates back to 1894. It does not mention the course designer. 

I recall the course being short, with a beautiful vista. I scored quite well the first day with sun and no wind.  I left thinking that the course was quite easy.  Returning on a day with a lot of wind proved very different and left me with an appreciation of links golf. 

Is anyone familiar with the course and it’s history?

Brian Finn

Re: North Wales Golf Club
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 12:37:24 PM »
Here is one of Sean Arble's many fine course profiles...

https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,68734.msg1649629.html#msg1649629

And the full list of Sean's UK course profiles, a valuable reference...

https://golfclubatlas.com/in-my-opinion/sean-arbles-united-kingdom-course-tours-2/

« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 12:39:01 PM by Brian Finn »
New for 2023:  Cheraw SP, Grandfather, Clyne, Tenby, Pennard, Langland Bay, Southerndown, Pyle & Kenfig, Royal Porthcawl, Ashburnham, Rolls of Monmouth, Old Barnwell...

jeffwarne

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 12:40:32 PM »

Very enjoyable.
Somewhat well known 16th(O.L.) and (L.O.) and 17th par 3's that cross over.
Lots of interesting holes
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 01:20:37 PM »
NW was a surprise for me. I had played Conwy in the morning and the pro suggested I go to NW. O.L. (16) is a blind short iron to tiny green and L.O. (17) is in a little bowl. The course doesn't beat you up and it is great fun.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

David_Tepper

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 01:57:11 PM »

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 02:28:33 PM »
And if anyone would like to see how the course plays for a 15 handicapper, the always optimistic and even-tempered 'Not a Perfect Golfer' is a good guide. (The description says he is playing the North Wales Golf Club in Llandudno, so I hope/assume it's the one.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GZHSl6Zdy0

« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 02:30:24 PM by PPallotta »

Dave Doxey

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 02:58:40 PM »
Thanks all.   What I was looking for.  For some reason, I was unable to find anything using search in this forum.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back