News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

CJames

I just today received my copy of Darius Oliver’s newly-published revised and updated Planet Golf: The Definitive Guide to Great Golf Courses in America.  Revision versus the original edition, published about a decade ago, is surprisingly substantial, and pretty much all for the better from what I can discern upon first glance — save for the current elimination of Darius’s deliciously-pointed prior review of Rich Harvest Farms from the original tome.  Stunning photography by Larry Lambrecht and Evan Schiller makes this side-table book a strong candidate for the GCA crowd’s upcoming holiday season wish list.  The new edition pays strong attention to the decade’s numerous quality restorations and renovations (e.g., California Golf Club of San Francisco, Meadow Club, Sleepy Hollow, Old Town Club, etc.) as well as the roster of exciting new courses (e.g., Sand Valley, Sheep Ranch, Ohoopee Match Club, Trinity Forest, Sweetens Cove, etc.).  My only criticism is the that I think the omission of The Dunes Club is an oversight.  The book is available on Amazon.com. 

Dunlop_White

Tremendous new coffee-table edition of Planet Golf now available here on Amazon. New course profiles with gorgeous photography and a Ratings section at the end, sorta like Doak's Gazetteer listings, featuring his bests of this and that. Well done. Congrats Darius!

http://planetgolf.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=76a3ac3778dfced723c6606f8&id=f3ab92fa80&e=0b49b05e8b
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 12:04:51 AM by Dunlop_White »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back