News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Lang

Re: An open letter to Bryson DeChambeau
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2022, 12:43:38 PM »
 ;)  Well obviously BDC was juicing burgers into milkshakes and can reverse that... an injured a wrist bone and hip cartilage, no kidding, obviously under the influence trying for swing speeds of 200+ mph...

Wishing best to all seeking improvement, mentally and physically, golfing/non-golfing, every day's a blessing, make teh most of it!
Cheers at 70 yo, 6'-2", 235 lb 

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2022, 03:26:11 PM »
To say there is NO evidence that Tiger used is myopic. Galea and growth is evidence, but not convincing to some.
a) Galea, circumstantial.
b) "growth", AG addressed: Tiger didn't "grow" abnormally or in a way that would indicate steroid use.

Once again, I don't believe Tiger or Bryson broke any rules. Bryson just bugs people :)
That's a cop-out because as you've noted, steroids weren't banned by the PGA Tour in 2005.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2022, 05:16:07 PM »
   Many people have been convicted on circumstantial evidence. Most, I’d say. I once prosecuted a case in which the defendant argued that, because there were no eye witnesses, there was reasonable doubt. Guilty.

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2022, 05:33:26 PM »
Many people have been convicted on circumstantial evidence. Most, I’d say. I once prosecuted a case in which the defendant argued that, because there were no eye witnesses, there was reasonable doubt. Guilty.
Cool. I'm not willing to convict on guilt by association. I'll say it again: there remains no hard evidence to support Tiger having been "juiced."

Your point about "growth" carries no weight at all (no pun intended).
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2022, 07:25:11 AM »
I'll say it again: there remains no hard evidence to support Tiger having been "juiced."

Your point about "growth" carries no weight at all (no pun intended).

Erik,

This is a "Discussion Group" not a "Court of Law". I am not part of Nike's PR team either.

I personally believe that Dr Galea was a healer for many world class athletes, in the short term, when their careers were active. The longer term implications of his healing methods are not known by me. Which method/substance was on which list at one time, is not the focus of my interest.

Bryson seems to be doing what he is doing much more on his own. That is interesting to me. I am currently taking a topical prescription cream with a Steroid for an occasional rash mainly on my arms. Honestly not sure how/why it happened. It is post-Covid infection. I went through a variety of nutraceutical treatments, but none really worked. I don't like taking Tylenol, so taking a Steroid cream is significant, to me. If I get banned from a GCA Dixie Cup, what can I do??  ;)

Bryon's methodologies are interesting - to me. I just turned 60, and I had my best round ever at 58. I am a believer!!
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2022, 08:50:25 AM »
This is a "Discussion Group" not a "Court of Law". I am not part of Nike's PR team either.
Nor am I. I'm simply discussing your "belief" that you don't think Bryson "juiced" while you think Tiger did.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas

Rob Marshall

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2022, 09:17:10 AM »
Nor am I. I'm simply discussing your "belief" that you don't think Bryson "juiced" while you think Tiger did.

What are you implying?

“I think there are other reasons why one might think Tiger "juiced" while Bryson didn't.”[/size][/color]
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2022, 09:20:19 AM »
What are you implying?
I wasn't talking to you, was I, Troll Rob? By rule, I mostly ignore you (while the inverse appears to be true on your end).

List all of the differences between Tiger and Bryson and maybe the answer is on that list. There are many.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 09:21:59 AM by Erik J. Barzeski »
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas

Rob Marshall

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2022, 11:04:41 AM »
I asked a simple question about your statement. I have a pretty good idea what you meant but was hoping you would clarify. No worries.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Erik J. Barzeski

Re: An open letter to Bryson DeChambeau New
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2022, 06:59:19 PM »
I have a pretty good idea what you meant but was hoping you would clarify.
I doubt it.

Also: https://twitter.com/golfdigest/status/1595824566613331971
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 08:01:02 PM by Erik J. Barzeski »
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back