News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Re: MacKenzie at 150 & The MacKenzie Reader (new book)
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2022, 02:44:09 AM »
Mine didn't make it on time for a friend to bring the book to England. Heavy sigh.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

John Mayhugh

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2022, 07:45:40 AM »
Communication on this project has been really poor. Last thing I heard was an email on September 28 last year - 39 weeks ago. Nice that some people seem to be getting the book.

Thomas Dai

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2022, 06:15:57 PM »
I had an email on 6th June advising my copy was to be shipped by USPS. When I check the tracking reference it shows the package to be in Los Angeles on 22nd June. There has been updated tracking entry since the 22nd and nothing has arrived at my door yet either. Shame. Fingers crossed for arrival soonest.
Atb

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2022, 08:00:23 PM »
Communication on this project has been really poor. Last thing I heard was an email on September 28 last year - 39 weeks ago. Nice that some people seem to be getting the book.
As stated above, my copy was received a few months ago. Sure, Josh could have handled communications better, but it is obvious he put a lot of effort into the book itself. I can’t imagine how he must have felt about the first printing. The final version, however, is really well done IMO.
Tim Weiman

Thomas Dai

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2022, 09:36:08 AM »
My copy arrived today. Very impressive.
As someone not adverse to the colourising of old b&w photos the inclusion of such is appreciated.  ;) :)
Atb

Andrew Slane

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2022, 05:05:22 AM »
This is my first post on GCA so please be gentle ...
I received my copy yesterday after a long wait however am very pleased with the product, not least the quality. Undoubtedly a work of dedication and passion, a worthy addition to my little library. Some fun hours ahead as I read through.

Delighted to meet you all!

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2022, 02:05:42 PM »
I received my copy yesterday after a long wait however am very pleased with the product, not least the quality. Undoubtedly a work of dedication and passion, a worthy addition to my little library. Some fun hours ahead as I read through.

Andrew,

Welcome to GolfClubAtlas! There is no question that The Mackenzie Reader is a worthy addition to anyone’s golf architecture library. It certainly has material I haven’t seen before. Love the essay on municipal golf and found the essay on camouflage very interesting.

Again, welcome to GCA!
Tim Weiman

Andrew Slane

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2022, 12:09:26 PM »

Andrew,

Welcome to GolfClubAtlas! There is no question that The Mackenzie Reader is a worthy addition to anyone’s golf architecture library. It certainly has material I haven’t seen before. Love the essay on municipal golf and found the essay on camouflage very interesting.

Again, welcome to GCA!

Many thanks Tim, I appreciate that. I'm looking forward to learning and contributing where I can.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back