News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

Thanks for the link Jerry. There have been a few tree and related articles and podcasts appearing over the last few days. Perhaps it’s got something to do with it being golf sustainability week?

Here’s a link to a recent piece by Derek Duncan in Golf Digest - https://www.golfdigest.com/story/natural-balance-game-of-golf-greatest-25-trees

As Derek posts herein perhaps he’d be able to elaborate on the background and evidence behind a couple of sentences, in particular the last sentence -

“Trees and woods are critical to the sustainability of our environment. They capture carbon, help cool urban areas and provide shelter and habitats for wildlife. Golf courses account for the largest green spaces in many cities. More trees are needed at this moment, not fewer.”

atb

Later edit - a fine piece by Mike Clayton  - https://www.golfcoursearchitecture.net/content/tree-free-golf
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 07:56:39 AM by Thomas Dai »

Steve Lang

Yes a very simple explanation,... a Captain Obvious moment perhaps. to keep folks awake or woke?
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

cary lichtenstein

My home course in Chicago was very narrow with trees overhanging a lot of the fairways. Punching out was tedious and wedging into greens was very common. When we moved to Florida, it was the opposite,

I played many 100  courses and experienced both. I much prefer the courses with little to no trees. I learned the strengths and weakness of my game and it made me a better player.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back