News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Robin_Hiseman

For Fans of Covesea
« on: November 02, 2022, 07:13:13 AM »
I like the Golf Mates guys and their relentless banter. They also do some very good course vlogs. Their latest 'Hidden Gems' series has taken in Glencruitten, Fortrose & Rosemarkie, Wick, Reay, Durness, Golspie, Tain and now Covesea. Duff House Royal rounds it off next week.

I thoroughly recommend this film about Covesea. The Durness one is also a very good watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q24aaF81HQ
2024: Royal St. David's (x2); Mill Ride
In planning: Hayling, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Thurlestone

Thomas Dai

Re: For Fans of Covesea
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 07:37:10 AM »
They seemed to rather like it! Seems like the kind of course there should be more of.
Certainly in my plans when I next get to the area.

Atb

Niall C

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 08:25:07 AM »
Thanks Robin

I don't know these guys at all but looking forward to what they say about Duff House Royal which for my money is 2nd or 3rd best course in Moray.

Niall

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 12:29:11 PM »
"Not to repeat myself...." What? Oh for an editor.   

This would have been far more fun if the camera had been been behind the greens, particularly on 2 (one of my favourite holes in Scotland) and the other blind par 3's.

They are a likeable bunch of guys and it would be fun to paly anywhere with them. The problem I have with all these video makers is that they all enthuse about everything, when some kind of critical mind should be in evidence if you want to make recommendations.  E.G. From this video its obvious that the gorse and rough is still adjacent to the tiny 9th green.  This hole would be so much better if the ball was allowed to run away from the green. And how do you believe someone who rhapsodises about every place he choses to play?

I gave up watching their video's after they reported on Winterfield, the other course at Dunbar.  From memory they chose to to film 3 holes and they included the second, a truly awful hole. 360 yards straight and totally flat - but the green runs slightly away. Round shallow bunkers either side at 200 (with negligible rough outside them). 2 similar bunkers either side of the entrance to the green.

On the other hand its great they bring attention to Covesea.  I knew nothing of the story of the course and feel there's still an interesting video to be made.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 12:31:54 PM by Tony_Muldoon »
Let's make GCA grate again!

Niall C

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 06:07:04 PM »
I knew nothing of the story of the course and feel there's still an interesting video to be made.

Really ! Clearly you weren't listening to me much on our trip up there last year  ;D

Mind you if you had you'd have heard me tell you there was a 12 hole par 3 course there before so I'd suggest maybe not all built by the one man ?

Niall

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2022, 07:09:30 AM »
Thanks Robin

I don't know these guys at all but looking forward to what they say about Duff House Royal which for my money is 2nd or 3rd best course in Moray.

Niall

I dialed it up on youTube fuTure and......they love it!  Who'd a thought?

Didn't Ran say he wanted to see filmed reports?  As he doesn't seem to be around here much for an appreciation of Covesea he should check out what makes (made?) this site great. Evidence (i.e. photos) and critical discussion.

https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,69959.msg1686061.html#msg1686061

PS they seem to have changed the order of the holes this year?
Let's make GCA grate again!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back