News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Re: Dumbarnie Links
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2021, 11:17:28 AM »
Yeah… but, they don’t have any uncertainty when it comes to allowing groups of golfers on the course and in the clubhouse at £250 per pop.

Miserable old sod. When we getting you on the good side of the Firth of Forth?
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2021, 11:41:01 AM »
I’m working on it! I’ll be in St Andrews on Sunday. Playing in a club match… Gullane vs New GC.

I don’t have an auto, so I’m dependent on public transport. Let’s set a date and meet up. Pick a spot I can reach without too much bother. We NEED to catch up!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2021, 01:12:29 PM »
Check your PM’s.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2021, 01:45:28 PM »
Interesting to note their spectacular 10000 rounds in 7 months is actually less than 50 rounds a day. I’ve also yet to meet anyone whose paid full freight.
Cave Nil Vino

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2023, 03:16:36 AM »
FIFE, Scotland (January 12, 2023) – Dumbarnie Links, a premier daily-fee links course located on the east coast of Scotland near St Andrews that opened for play in 2020, has a surprisingly rich golf history dating back to 1837. Details of the once famous Dumbarnie or Colinsburgh golf club have been recently unearthed.

https://www.firstcallgolf.com/industry-news/release/2023-01-12/dumbarnie-links-history-dates-back-to-1837-and-the-hercules-club

Sean_A

« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2023, 03:36:11 AM »
FIFE, Scotland (January 12, 2023) – Dumbarnie Links, a premier daily-fee links course located on the east coast of Scotland near St Andrews that opened for play in 2020, has a surprisingly rich golf history dating back to 1837. Details of the once famous Dumbarnie or Colinsburgh golf club have been recently unearthed.

https://www.firstcallgolf.com/industry-news/release/2023-01-12/dumbarnie-links-history-dates-back-to-1837-and-the-hercules-club

Under the 1845 Report a live band is mentioned. What other kind of band was there in 1845?

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Mark Pearce

« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2023, 05:19:39 AM »

Under the 1845 Report a live band is mentioned. What other kind of band was there in 1845?

Ciao
Any band in 1845 was going to be live.  Recordings and PA systems wouldn't allow for recorded music to be used at such an event.  Could have been pipes, could have been fiddles.  I imagine it was most likely a folk band but there'd have been performers and instruments in the room!
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Sean_A

« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2023, 05:39:13 AM »

Ciao
Any band in 1845 was going to be live.  Recordings and PA systems wouldn't allow for recorded music to be used at such an event.  Could have been pipes, could have been fiddles.  I imagine it was most likely a folk band but there'd have been performers and instruments in the room!

Exactly. What kind of a report is this?

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Niall C

« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2023, 10:10:25 AM »
Commenting on the club’s heritage, Dumbarnie Links General Manager David Scott: “While we are a new golf course, it is most interesting to learn that just a stone’s throw away from the land where Clive Clark’s design is blossoming, was once a fine golf course where notable gentlemen of their day enjoyed many matches. We are proud of the club’s rich history and felt it was important to tell the Dumbarnie story. As we have now closed for the winter to rest our young links, we look forward to welcoming our golfers back when we re-open on Friday 14th April 2023.”

The bit that got me was in Brian's post where is suggested that this information had recently been unearthed. I think what they mean was that Dumbarnies PR dept recently became aware of it. It's been available online for a number of years and has been referred to in passing on this site.

As for the bit above, I love how they are trying hard to give themselves a bit of adopted heritage.[/size] Anyway, that's enough Dumbarnie bashing [/font][/color] ;D

Niall[/font][/color]

Niall C

« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2023, 10:12:21 AM »
sorry, tried to clean up my post but the formating on here is diabolical

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back