News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

James Boon

OT: Posting Photos
« on: May 31, 2020, 11:34:31 AM »
Afternoon everyone,

Some years ago I used to have the time to post photo tours, but I havent posted one for years. That means I've completely lost track with how we manage to add photos into our threads these days. Apologies if there is another thread on this but I couldnt find one using the search, or at least not one I could get to work!  ::)

I'm on Microsoft and using Chrome if that helps...

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Matt_Cohn

Re: OT: Posting Photos
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 12:59:51 PM »
Afternoon everyone,

Some years ago I used to have the time to post photo tours, but I havent posted one for years. That means I've completely lost track with how we manage to add photos into our threads these days. Apologies if there is another thread on this but I couldnt find one using the search, or at least not one I could get to work!  ::)

Cheers,

James

I put my pictures on Flickr. When I want to post, I click the download button (downwards arrow) and click on "view all sizes". Then I click on the size I want—usually "Medium 800" for easy visibility—then copy the image link, click the "Mona Lisa" button here on GCA, and paste that link.

James Boon

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 03:54:47 AM »
Thanks Matt,
I managed to get it to work eventually (mainly user error rather than poor instruction!)  ::)
Cheers,
James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Mike Worth

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2022, 05:53:36 PM »
Afternoon everyone,

Cheers,

James

I put my pictures on Flickr. When I want to post, I click the download button (downwards arrow) and click on "view all sizes". Then I click on the size I want—usually "Medium 800" for easy visibility—then copy the image link, click the "Mona Lisa" button here on GCA, and paste that link.

Flickr question. If I add a photo to a GCA post from my Flickr album, and I later delete the Flickr album, do all of the photos I posted also disappear? Yea

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2022, 09:10:26 PM »

Flickr question. If I add a photo to a GCA post from my Flickr album, and I later delete the Flickr album, do all of the photos I posted also disappear?

When you delete the photo from Flickr, the photo will no longer appear where you placed the Flickr photo code in the GCA post.

Mike Worth

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2022, 09:16:35 PM »

Flickr question. If I add a photo to a GCA post from my Flickr album, and I later delete the Flickr album, do all of the photos I posted also disappear?

When you delete the photo from Flickr, the photo will no longer appear where you placed the Flickr photo code in the GCA post.

Thank you

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back