News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Tommy Williamsen

Re: Shell's WWOG Schedule On Golf Channel
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 06:17:28 PM »
They should be fun. I have the Littler/Nelson one on CD and watch it at least once a year. Every time I watch it I hope Littler plays number five better.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Chris Mavros

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 07:36:46 PM »
NBC Gold has been playing these the last few weeks and I think they opened it up for free viewing.  Palmer/Boros was one I had not seen before and enjoyed a lot, as well as Snead/Demaret at the Air Force Academy course in CO.  The views of the gallery made it worth the watch alone! I'll be watching these on GC as well. 

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 01:02:01 PM »
I saw the Snead v DeVincenzo match at Congressional earlier. Very interesting to see Snead putt " Croquet  Style"

https://www.pgatour.com/video/2014/01/02/snead_s-putting-stroke--a-rule-changer.html

Sam Snead pioneered croquet-style putting in the 1960s. The United States Golf Association banned this technique in 1968 by amending the old Rule 35–1.

[/size]Also, Snead  putted traditional style on long putts during the match. [/color]

[/size]I liked the simultaneous comparison of swings with Gene Sarazen's analysis. . [/color]

[/size]Match stroke play between 2 stars when pre-recorded  with good production and commentary lasts an hour. Why do we need a 4 hour show.? 
[/color]

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2022, 07:32:36 PM »
Interesting that the croquet rule came into play this weekend at Harbour Town.

Joe Perches

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 05:52:10 PM »
Might you have any other information about how the croquet rule came up at Harbour Town?

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 06:03:48 PM »
Might you have any other information about how the croquet rule came up at Harbour Town?

https://twitter.com/Dylan_Frittelli/status/1515792230295945217?cxt=HHwWgoCygZTAlokqAAAA

I'm surprised at how poor a knowledge the pros have of the golf rules. Isn't playing golf their profession?
::)

Joe Perches

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2022, 06:26:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/Dylan_Frittelli/status/1515792230295945217?cxt=HHwWgoCygZTAlokqAAAA

I'm surprised at how poor a knowledge the pros have of the golf rules. Isn't playing golf their profession?
::)
Thanks.  Oops, but it's _almost_ understandable as the ball is overhead and not at his feet.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2022, 06:51:56 PM »
Agreed - I don't think the rule was really meant to apply when hitting a ball over your head.  But he did straddle the line so he broke the rule.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back