News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Schley

How Covid 19 has affected restoration work?
« on: May 01, 2020, 09:07:09 AM »
Probably not a part of life that hasn't been affected and work on courses is no different.  What projects in process or not yet begun are now on hold or cancelled? 2 of my clubs have pumped the brakes on their projects which were supposed to start this year.  One a course restoration, the other a clubhouse project. Shapers, bunker guys, even archies themselves I'm sure are feeling it. Tightening up the books during this time will be a frightening exercise for each clubs treasurer.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Bernie Bell

Re: How Covid 19 has affected restoration work?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 10:12:41 AM »
At Old Memorial in Tampa I believe they accelerated scheduled renovation work as a result of the downtime.

Mark_Fine

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 10:13:43 AM »
I have three active construction projects underway and all have continued (though they all started before the pandemic kicked into high gear).  I have others that were expected to start in the fall but at this point who knows as most activity is day to day.

Ian Andrew

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 01:27:59 PM »
I changed my mind on sharing what I did.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 01:39:17 PM by Ian Andrew »
-

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 01:58:43 PM »
No restoration work, but one major renovation in progress hasn't stopped construction.  Neither has planning on my 3 current master plans, although I will be driving to a meeting next week, and another a week after that, both about 12 hours.  In the old days, I wouldn't drive 12 hours anywhere, I would fly.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Rob Marshall

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 02:56:05 PM »
I changed my mind on sharing what I did.

At Penfield CC we need you to start looking at trees!
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Anthony Gholz

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 11:52:03 AM »
Our Michigan club has just put a one year hold on our tee rebuild program (about 500k, a BIG deal for us).  Trees went down this past winter, but that's it.  The concern is not membership loss, we're pretty stable right now, but a combination of taking on debt and the knowledge of a loss of use of the clubhouse for at least April and May and probably June.  Also no understanding if we'll be able to bring guests and the $ that brings in. The members can't use the clubhouse for entertaining clients or use for meetings and events. So basically no way to count on a budget.

BUT we are playing walking golf!
Anthony

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back