News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Annual gentle hint for cancer research (TODAY was the day!)
« on: January 24, 2020, 11:24:06 AM »
You don't get to bid on rounds at golf courses, but every dollar raised goes toward cancer research, at Roswell Park in Buffalo. You also get the bonus of seeing my bald pate, although that may not motivate any of you.

Any and all amounts are greatly appreciated. Our league lost two golfers to cancer, and watching young golfers pass away, decades before their time, is why I do this each year. Thank you for your consideration.

Here is the link: http://give.roswellpark.org/site/TR/BaldforBucks/General?px=1078175&pg=personal&fr_id=1520
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 02:00:31 PM by Ronald Montesano »
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

John Kavanaugh

Re: Annual yodel for cancer research
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 01:20:20 PM »
Come up with something that is the opposite of bringing attention to yourself and I will donate $100 on the spot.

BHoover

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 02:26:37 PM »
Come up with something that is the opposite of bringing attention to yourself and I will donate $100 on the spot.

Slow afternoon at The Villages? I thought there were plenty of activities for folks entering their golden years.

https://youtu.be/SjuIAfZesSI

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 02:43:32 PM »
I’ll donate $100 to his cause if he takes the yodel out of the title of this thread. I simply do not understand the significance of a bald headed middle aged man. Stolen Valor.

Ronald Montesano

Re: Annual gentle hint for cancer research
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 06:17:17 PM »
Done. Thanks, John.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 10:03:21 AM »
John is a man of his word. I don't always like his words, but I appreciate his gratitude. Thanks, also, to MF for his contribution. I'll gladly reveal his name, unless he prefers the anonymity. Remember that my motivation, beyond the personal, is the two golfers from our league, who were taken by cancer, before their 21st birthdays, before they had a chance to make our world a better place.

rm
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 10:20:11 AM »
I will donate another $50 if you take down that Wake Forrest avatar. I don't even care what you put back as long as it doesn't have a caricature of a human mascot.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 10:43:09 AM »
If you are serious about raising money for this cause you should have a silent auction for all the little things you do that annoy. I bet you could get a lot more than $50 to eliminate that avatar. A few other examples all worth at least $100.

Eliminate the Twitter link.
Never link a Golfwrx article again.
Never mention Buffalo.
Never say the word credential.
Only one new thread every 6 months.
Do not post over twice a day.

All this is far more interesting and potentially more painful than a middle aged man shaving his head year after year.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 10:54:33 AM »
If you are serious about raising money for this cause you should have a silent auction for all the little things you do that annoy. I bet you could get a lot more than $50 to eliminate that avatar. A few other examples all worth at least $100.

I will donate another $50 if you take down that Wake Forrest avatar. I don't even care what you put back as long as it doesn't have a caricature of a human mascot. [not going to happen #GoDeacs #GlassOfTheFinest]
Eliminate the Twitter link. [Trying to whitewash history?]
Never link a Golfwrx article again. [Mine own, or those of mine colleagues to boot?]
Never mention Buffalo. [the animal, the city, the verb?]
Never say the word credential. [I can't even spell credential, let alone say it...]
Only one new thread every 6 months. [fine Egyptian thread count?]
Do not post over twice a day. [Metric or standard?]

All this is far more interesting and potentially more painful than a middle aged man shaving his head year after year.

I just sh!t myself, seeing this list. It obviously took a lot of thought, and reveals the extent of the suffering that I have caused. Who among us would set a goal of causing others to suffer so greatly? Certainly not I. Save your cash for another, worthy charity, one that doesn't dishearten you so much.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Michael Moore

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 09:35:19 PM »
Ron -

As a cancer survivor and visual designer, I would like to bid up "new logo" to $100.
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 09:08:10 AM »

Ron -

As a cancer survivor and visual designer, I would like to bid up "new logo" to $100.

Did you have a logo in mind, or just not a Demon Deacon? Congratulations on your recovery.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2020, 03:05:49 PM »
Bumping this to the top, as we are 20 days or so away from the shaving of the scalp. Anticipate 1 more bump at T-Minus 5 days.

If you want a pot-sweetener, tell me your top ten favorite golf holes played. If I have a photo, I'll send it to you and you can print it/screensave it.

Don't over think this thread; it's about cancer research.

Thanks, JohnKa, for your donation.

Link here

« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 03:07:28 PM by Ronald Montesano »
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2020, 02:00:11 PM »
I had forgotten about you guys, with all the craziness and exuberance of the big day, until I saw a donation from the Great One, Eric Smith. Thanks, amigo. I'm grateful for your support.

We had a wonderful turnout. 16 people raised funds, the Buffalo school of cosmetology and barbering did the honors, local radio personality DJ Anthony came out to pump up the jam, and I turned into a human t-shirt cannon. What more can you ask.

The link, if interested: http://give.roswellpark.org/site/TR/BaldforBucks/General?px=1078175&pg=personal&fr_id=1520

Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back