News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Here is the 2003 review:

http://golfclubatlas.com/courses-by-country/usa/boca-rio/

Watch now on Golf Channel

Frequently mentioned here in the past.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 03:57:26 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

SL_Solow

Re: Boca Rio ( R. Van Hagge, 1959&Forse, 2017) is hosting the LPGA
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 05:01:50 PM »
Some significant remodeling in the last few years

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 05:15:20 PM »

This is Jim Nagle's post on a  prior thread about Forse Design's 2017 renovation:

If interested you can view a number of drone videos showing the most recent renovation of the Boca Rio course.  The GM for Boca was on the property nearly every day documenting the progress[font=]which allowed members to stay up-to-date on the project. Ron Forse and I have had the distinct pleasure of working with Boca Rio for nearly 20 years now.There is so much to like about the place.  What I found most interesting was the similarities between Pine Tree and Boca Rio.  Robert Von Hagge built the majority on Pine Tree for Wilson as he was in a steady decline due to his excessive drinking.  I spoke with Kelly Blake Moran about the connection between Pine Tree and Boca wondering in Von Hagge ever spoke about inspiration from one to the other.  He did not recall any mention.  One morning I toured Pine Tree in the midst of a green rebuilding and regrassing.  Later that day I went to Boca to work on the project there and just spent time wandering on my own and studying.  There are a number of similarities and yet many differences.  Pine Tree does not have the mounding variations that Boca has and previously had.  Both have the influence of preferred playing angles into the greens.  Pine Tree has a more dramatic bunker style and appearance but that is not a knock against Boca, its just that the Hogan commissioned photos and what has been restored a couple times by Ron Forse is very dramatic.  The greens at Boca are as would be expected from an architect that can trace his roots back to Flynn - apparent simplicity and actual complexity.  There are subtleties that are learned and ]not jumping out at you.I must also mention the superintendent of the Boca Rio Golf Course - Bob Randquist.  Bob is that rare individual that you feel better for being associated with him.  Very genuine, hard working and simply one of the best supers]in the industry.  He is a pleasure to work with.[/font][/color]

Here is a link to the summary of the 1st week https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srRUTXkmm_4
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 05:31:02 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

MCirba

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 05:20:08 PM »
Would also note that Kelly Blake Moran did significant work there some time ago.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Jason Topp

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 09:23:53 AM »
I really enjoyed the course when I played it a few years ago. 

MClutterbuck

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 02:24:41 PM »
Looks like a Hubert Chesnau  :P ;D :) 

Tim Martin

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 03:36:44 PM »
I read Ran’s course profile and wasn’t aware that Pat Mucci was so involved behind the scenes. He was always a big booster of Boca Rio.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back