News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JC Jones

Re: Golf Magazine World Top 100 + Next 50: Glaring errors
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2019, 07:33:28 PM »
JC

Can you elaborate on your feelings about Lawsonia.  It is a lovely walk.  The greens have contour.  The features are bold which makes for interesting shots. 

What in your mind makes Milwaukee clearly better? 

Bart

Hi Bart,

Congrats on being on the GOLF panel!!  I know you've travelled extensively, are passionate about the study of architecture and contributing to the dialogue.

I hope you're well.

I would argue Milwaukee is one of the best parkland courses in a nation built on parkland courses.  Alison's design there, to me, requires strategy and decision making from the green back to the tee as required by his signature bold bunkering.  Couple that with a tremendous setting and history and I think it is in a different category from, say, a course that is fun to play with cool features.  I think there is a reason it has historically been considered one of the Top 50 courses in the US (despite the recent trend away from it and a more restrictive rater policy).

You may not agree, but in my mind its kind of like the things that differentiate #2 from Pine Needles and Southern Pines.  The latter two I'd be thrilled to play every day of my life while never getting bored.

Either way, I recognize this isnt the best venue to discuss Lawsonia so I'll give it a rest.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back