News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_malone

OT Hoodies?
« on: October 20, 2019, 04:30:54 PM »
Justin Thomas and Rocco Mediate wearing hoodies. I like it.
AKA Mayday

Marty Bonnar

Re: OT Hoodies?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 04:32:22 PM »

Stick to your Leven gilet!
 8)
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

mike_malone

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 04:39:28 PM »

8)
Ok Marty. Whatever that means I’m for it.
AKA Mayday

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 04:48:09 PM »

8)

You furriners probably call them ‘bodywarmers’.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 04:51:39 PM »
Lots of hoodies at the Scottish Open today. 

OT - WTF thinks abrdn makes sense as a brand for an asset management firm?

David_Tepper

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 05:12:49 PM »
Danielle Kang wears one on the LPGA Tour.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2021, 05:20:38 PM »
Today they were worn by at least the following - Justin Thomas, Collin Morikawa and Lee Westwood.  And that is only the ones that I noticed.

Craig Sweet

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 11:18:00 PM »
Linksoul makes a nice one...
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Sean_A

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2021, 03:51:44 AM »

8)

Sleeveless lightweight jacket. Yer welcome.

I don't like hoodies, but so what.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Turnberry, Isle of Harris, Benbecula, Askernish, Traigh, St Medan, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Thomas Dai

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2021, 07:21:59 AM »
Hood up when walking, hood down when playing a shot? Not my favourite look and I would have thought a bit hasslesome in a wind.
Once upon a time in cold or wet weather players would wear full length overcoats between shots (with the caddies holding the coats when the players were hitting a shot).
Atb

jeffwarne

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2021, 07:28:12 AM »
No problem with the look.
I have been gifted several over the years-mostly from skiing destinations, but they never seem to fit.
Too tight in the shoulders and neck opening too small
can't imagine playing golf in one, though perhaps golf hoodies fit me better.
Just don't really need the hood ;D
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tim Martin

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2021, 06:06:54 AM »
Just don't really need the hood ;D

Is there any functionality for the hood itself? If weather is such that you need something on your head I would think regular cap, ski cap, or rain hat. I’m watching Justin Thomas in this morning’s round at the British and am not feeling the hoodie.

Sean_A

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2021, 06:33:50 AM »
I don't understand the need for a mini cape. Thug clothing 😎.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Turnberry, Isle of Harris, Benbecula, Askernish, Traigh, St Medan, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2021, 06:44:13 AM »
Approved by Mike Young!!

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Carl Johnson

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2021, 07:10:38 PM »
Fashion.  I assume their clothing sponsors are requiring they wear these for $$$, and that they are being adequately compensated, which is what pro golf is all about.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 07:12:29 PM by Carl Johnson »

JohnVDB

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2021, 08:13:23 PM »
Does Justin have a clothing contract.  He lost his Ralph Lauren one didn’t he?

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2021, 10:57:36 PM »
I believe it was Tyrrell Hatton who started the hoodie as a fashion statement in 2020 at the BMW PGA Championship in Wentworth so it is a UK fashion statement not a US one.
https://www.golfchannel.com/news/tyrrell-hatton-hoodie-controversy-its-comfy-whats-issue

Tom_Doak

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2021, 08:22:28 AM »
Perhaps it’s a political statement?

Seems unlikely from the PGA TOUR, but NBA players famously wore hoodies in protest a few years ago, and England’s football team has been dealing with fallout over racist posts on social media this past week.

Personally, I think golfers (like everyone else) should wear whatever makes them comfortable, and anybody who doesn’t like it should mind their own business, but you all know what a bomb-throwing radical I am.

William_G

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2021, 11:56:53 AM »

Seems unlikely from the PGA TOUR, but NBA players famously wore hoodies in protest a few years ago, and England’s football team has been dealing with fallout over racist posts on social media this past week.

Personally, I think golfers (like everyone else) should wear whatever makes them comfortable, and anybody who doesn’t like it should mind their own business, but you all know what a bomb-throwing radical I am.

political, wow!
good try, guess again,  geeeez man
wore my light hoodie on my dog walk this AM on the golf course
light tech hoodies are an awesome option in the t-shirt drawer
very civilized and apolitical at best
It's all about the golf!

JMEvensky

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2021, 01:29:38 PM »

political, wow!

william g, I know neither you nor Tom Doak but have read your ad hominem screeds for a while. Why do you have such a hard on for him? Guessing most on this board appreciate his input--his bones were made long ago in golf course design. Who the hell are you? Why not find a board dedicated to something with which you're familiar? Maybe your input would be welcomed there.

And the affectation of lower case case letters and lack of punctuation worked for ee cummings--for you, not so much. Your unfamiliarity with basic English syntax just makes your posts even less worthwhile.

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2021, 03:50:37 PM »
I am going with my good friend Professor Tom. Wear whatever is comfortable, things change. Tennis dorks no longer wear dress white outfits (nor do they play with wooden rackets), which is particularly good in the Ladies bracket . . . . the only reason I watch that boring sport is because the chicks are normally wearing smokin' hot outfits that show off their legs.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2021, 04:30:25 PM »
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 04:32:22 PM by Michael H »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

jeffwarne

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2021, 06:28:30 PM »

political, wow!

william g, I know neither you nor Tom Doak but have read your ad hominem screeds for a while. Why do you have such a hard on for him? Guessing most on this board appreciate his input--his bones were made long ago in golf course design. Who the hell are you? Why not find a board dedicated to something with which you're familiar? Maybe your input would be welcomed there.

And the affectation of lower case case letters and lack of punctuation worked for ee cummings--for you, not so much. Your unfamiliarity with basic English syntax just makes your posts even less worthwhile.

+1
This is not the first, second or even third time I've seen you troll the man.
(and to be fair the recent comments, taken by themselves are tame)
I appreciate Tom's input on this board, as do many others, and I'm not sure why the moderator would put up with someone who constantly trolls him.
Constantly.
Cease and desist.
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tim Martin

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2022, 08:17:04 AM »
I see that there are now hooded tees. Why?

Jim Franklin

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2022, 04:35:28 PM »
Hoodies not allowed at Baltimore Country Club nor is the new, tame camo gear. Oh, and mock turtlenecks not allowed either. We are the stuffy country club for sure. Ridiculous.

Funny, a former MLB player teed off wearing a hoodie and not one board member, golf professional said a thing. I guess it depends on your status whether you can wear a hoodie or not.
Mr Hurricane

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back