News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Where am I?
« on: September 18, 2019, 08:39:18 PM »
Thought I would do an experiment. I told my wife that you would know where I played today with just three clues.
1. Time is measured as "slow time" and "fast time."
2. I think there are eight bridges on the course.
3. to come later.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Garland Bayley

Re: Where am I?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 09:04:39 PM »
Victoria National?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Matt MacIver

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 09:12:25 PM »
Caledonia GC?

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 09:41:56 PM »
Nine Bridges

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 12:55:04 AM »
Maddison County!!!  ;D

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 07:51:59 AM »
clue 3 but it isn't needed. Garland got it. Victoria National in Newburgh, Indiana.
Slow time is central time and fast time is eastern.

St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

JESII

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 09:32:44 AM »
Stud

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 09:54:19 AM »
I’m kinda proud of banging one in against a frozen pin on November 29th. Didn’t hurt that it was 6 man wolf.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 11:19:58 AM »
Garland may have had the correct answer but Jon W had the best one... :)

P.S.  I've never heard the slow time/fast time thing before.  What does that make MST and PST?

Garland Bayley

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 11:30:12 AM »

P.S.  I've never heard the slow time/fast time thing before.  What does that make MST and PST?

Laid back time.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Garland Bayley

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2019, 11:33:35 AM »
I’m kinda proud of banging one in against a frozen pin on November 29th. Didn’t hurt that it was 6 man wolf.

If you hadn't carried on and on about Victoria National over the years, I would have had no clue. Aren't you glad you get the attention you seek?

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2019, 11:37:34 AM »
Are you calling me an Attention Whore?  I think I first heard that term on my Bombsquad days. I had started a thread on the ignorance of vanity head covers. Little did they know how right I was.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2019, 11:44:22 AM »

This is only sexy if you called "wolf" while the ball was still in the air.
http://kylewharris.com

Constantly blamed by 8-handicaps for their 7 missed 12-footers each round.

Thank you for changing the font of your posts. It makes them easier to scroll past.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2019, 11:45:56 AM »
I did not but I finished the round with that ball.

Jeff Loh

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2019, 12:57:35 PM »
I didn't realize Tom Waits played golf

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2019, 03:13:08 PM »
I had asked JK if he wanted to have lunch while I was here but he decided to leave town so he didn’t have to bother with me.
St. John of the Cross

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2019, 03:17:10 PM »

I’m not from the area but I think it is an Indiana thing especially northern Indiana. Slow time is Chicago time. Some north west Indiana counties are on central time and some on eastern or fast time. I remember visiting a friend in northern Indiana who lived in fast time but we played golf at his club in slow time.
St. John of the Cross

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 03:48:10 PM »
I live in fast time but work and play golf in slow time. I show up for work on slow time then leave on fast time. It gives me two free hours a day to do as I please.

9am is 8am then 2pm becomes 3pm all by crossing a magical bridge.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2019, 03:52:18 PM »
Tommy,

If you go to French Lick it is on fast time. I’m sorry I missed you but there are always a set of greens that haven’t just been aerated somewhere. In real time that is.

Lou_Duran

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2019, 06:13:08 PM »
I had asked JK if he wanted to have lunch while I was here but he decided to leave town so he didn’t have to bother with me.

Not to worry Tommy.  The legend didn't grant me an audience either during my only visit there.  Despite 3" of rain the night before, I thoroughly enjoyed the course.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2019, 06:15:31 PM »

Not to worry Tommy.  The legend didn't grant me an audience either during my only visit there.  Despite 3" of rain the night before, I thoroughly enjoyed the course.

Come on Lou, I already had one slow play penalty and couldn’t afford another.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2019, 06:23:10 PM »
Hmm,

I'm guessing I'll have to cancel that Indiana trip I had all scheduled and booked?  Pity!  ;D

P.S.  I guess i'm just slow cause i'm not getting the slow/fast time thing yet...

Garland Bayley

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2019, 11:01:51 PM »
Hmm,

I'm guessing I'll have to cancel that Indiana trip I had all scheduled and booked?  Pity!  ;D

P.S.  I guess i'm just slow cause i'm not getting the slow/fast time thing yet...
Eastern Indiana is eastern time zone. Western is central time zone.

Time has already past to an hour later in the east than the west. I.e. fast time. Happens in the Dakotas too, but zones are central and mountain.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2019, 07:47:05 AM »
Hmm,

Time has already past to an hour later in the east than the west. I.e. fast time. Happens in the Dakotas too, but zones are central and mountain.
It happens in Kentucky and Tennessee as well. Not sure they use the same nomenclature though.
St. John of the Cross

Garland Bayley

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2019, 11:27:14 AM »
Hmm,

It happens in Kentucky and Tennessee as well. Not sure they use the same nomenclature though.
I believe that it used to happen in Utah too. But, they have moved the zone boundary to the border in more recent times.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back