News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

William_G

Re: Wood Tees vs Plastic/Eco
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2019, 11:29:44 PM »

"How could plastic ever be good....or environmentally sensitive?."

In the same way that a reusable plastic grocery sack that lasts x? years is better than one-and-done paper sacks.

LOL, where's my Starbucks Frappucino  :o

huh???  we see more one and done plastic things everyday all over the world than anything else "one and done"

reuse your paper sacks or use a sand tee

plastic is inherently detrimenetal to all living things as it doesn't just last x

plastic, despite it's benefits, lasts to infinity and beyond whether you like it or not, duh 8) 8) 8) 8) [size=78%]  [/size]

It's all about the golf!

Bernie Bell

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2019, 07:57:40 AM »
Sand tees!   Why didn't I think of that.  Maybe gutta percha balls too.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2019, 02:45:26 PM »
I don't use either, i use the brush and picked up 20 yards off the tee!  ;D

William_G

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2019, 06:01:52 PM »
Sand tees!   Why didn't I think of that.  Maybe gutta percha balls too.

you should have watched the Graduate then you would have, LOL
It's all about the golf!

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2019, 07:03:02 PM »
There is no time limit spent looking for a plastic tee, especially if it is high grass surrounding the tee area.

William_G

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2019, 07:50:10 PM »
that is funny Pete  ;D ;D ;D
It's all about the golf!

Edward Glidewell

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2019, 12:11:56 PM »
East Lake used to have free plastic tees, but they've switched to wood.

I personally hate plastic tees. All the ones I've ever used seemed cheaply made and bent easily, and sometimes it was hard to even get the ball to stay on the tee. I'm sure there are nicer ones out there, but I'll stick with wood.

jeffwarne

"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2019, 12:27:51 AM »
For our American friends; your clubs do not supply free tees, nothing is free, there is a reason why your subscriptions are 10x those of a decent Scottish club. The “freebies” are one of the many reasons your subs are so high.
Cave Nil Vino

Bernie Bell

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2019, 08:00:14 AM »
Mark - I have no trouble supplying my own tees.  And if I don't leave my tees lying about, what is it to Royal North Devon if I use plastic?  Isn't the real issue the common courtesy of golfers picking up after themselves?  I think the "garish colours" of tees, whether wooden or plastic, make that easier, and should be encouraged.  I rarely hit a drive without breaking a wooden tee.  There's probably a hint in there about why I'm so mediocre off the tee, but I would probably go through 140 wooden tees before I lost or wore out a plastic one. 

jeffwarne

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2019, 09:22:31 AM »
For our American friends; your clubs do not supply free tees, nothing is free,

and add in the cost of someone constantly having to pick up all those "free" tees...often left upright in the ground(forget the cost-it just indicates a complete lack of respect)
I wrote a pretty frank letter to my membership regarding this-was shockingly effective.

On a related note...
I found a thick pink plastic tee(the kind that narrows/flattens at the base to set tee height though you could raise it a bit if needed) my first round at Newburgh on Ythan in September. I used it for 11 rounds and still have it so there is one argument for plastic. But then again....I did FIND it. :)
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Thomas Dai

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2019, 09:25:36 AM »
There's always -

:):):):):)
atb

Tim Martin

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2019, 10:00:04 AM »
I like the “Birdbath” tees. Yeah they are plastic but I have never seen anybody break one and they are easy to find. Finally if you were searching for the perfect swing oil late into the evening it’s way easier to actually place the ball atop the “birdbath” in the ensuing  a.m. hours. ;D

BHoover

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2019, 10:21:27 AM »
I’ve come full circle of my preferred teeing implement. After using plastic tees for a few years, I now prefer wood or bamboo tees.

Carson Pilcher

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2019, 11:01:47 AM »
My club used to offer the plastic tees and has switched to wooden.  Since the switch, the litter on the teebox has increased exponentially. I can use a plastic tee for 5-6 rounds of golf while I go through 5-6 tees in one round using wooden.

Jason Topp

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2019, 08:58:04 PM »
John Crowley introduced me to Martini Tees a few years back. 

https://martinigolftees.com

The website claims they lead to longer straighter drives but I have seen no evidence of such a benefit.  Nonetheless, my "shaker" of tees (maybe 10?) from 3 years ago is still in service after using them for something like 200 rounds.  I have left far more of them in pockets or on hotel nightstands than I have on golf courses.  I never have broken one.

I do not like them on par 3s.

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2019, 09:56:17 AM »
I’ve been using Martini tees for many years now and as Jason says you’ll misplace more than you’ll loose. In 10 years I’ve seen one break.

When I lived in England for 6 months in 1989 they had a very warm dry summer. Teeing grounds were so firm that wooden tees would break on every drive. You literally needed to carry 14 tees with you. We quickly switched to plastic, problem solved.
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back