News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rick Lane

Re: U.S. Golf Courses That Allow Dogs
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2019, 03:41:57 PM »
1). Our club has no policy re dogs that I am aware of, but no one brings one in the daytime mid season.  Sometimes in early season, we might bring our dog and a tennis ball and walk a few holes.  Others do too.  There is a group of people (and the super) who meet each morning early....sunrise.....and run their dogs on the course, let them swim in the river, etc.   it’s funny, most members don’t even know about this little group of about 6 dogs.

2) coyotes in the northeast are very large, part wolf, and very dangerous.   We’ve culled lots from our course, and the super finds lots of little dog collars and dog parts when he finds a den.  “Missing dog” signs everywhere.  They go after the hamstrings to cripple, then attack.   The “fake playing” is just that, an attempt to distract so another coyote can get the hamstrings.  We trapped one that was near 100 lbs, they can be big.  We don’t let our dogs out at night without turning on lights, making noise, etc.   

PCCraig

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2019, 10:54:21 AM »
I found out this past weekend that Lawsonia allows dogs to accompany their owners on the course for a round.
H.P.S.

Jay Revell

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2019, 11:09:56 AM »
Down in Tallahassee we have an awesome dog culture at Capital City Country Club. In fact, the majority of my golf these days is short loops in the evening with my dog Leon at my side. Dogs are commonly found on the porch each weekend and everyone keeps up a good environment for our four legged friends. Here is a short video I made about it recently.

https://youtu.be/YERHGWvwAqQ

Dave McCollum

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2019, 01:09:14 PM »
As noted in the opening post, on my first visit to TOC, the first thing I saw was a guy teeing off with his golf dog. 

Kalen Braley

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2019, 03:45:12 PM »
As noted in the opening post, on my first visit to TOC, the first thing I saw was a guy teeing off with his golf dog.

Ouch.  Was the dog OK?

Emile Bonfiglio

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2019, 04:23:44 PM »

Ouch.  Was the dog OK?

I'm DEAD  :D ;D :D ;D

Awesome video Jay!
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

Dave McCollum

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2019, 12:17:55 PM »
He didn't hit it very far, but the dog was fine.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back