News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Nicolas Joakimides

Over the last few months, I have been thinking about this tee shot over the dune on hole 5 ( The famous “Himalayas “) at Prestwick .
I played that course twice and walked it once
last August.
It was a 6 iron for me playing from the tee markers. I wasn’t allowed to play from the tips. It might be a rescue/ 2 iron from there ... over that dune ( 231 yards)
And now , I can’t help thinking about it.

My second choice would be the tee shot at the Old course on 17 th.

What about you ? Is there any particular shot you would love to try again ?

Emile Bonfiglio

Played Pasatiempo in October for the 1st time and the tee box of #10 was closed, so we had to tee off on the other side of the canyon. I'd like to be able to make that swing in the future.

I think I would like every drive I've ever taken on #14 at Bandon Trails back. I'm about 1 for 20 on that hole with lone birdie coming from a lucky chip from the collection area over the a bunker to the back pin.

You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

Jeff Schley

At North Berwick I was playing it last year for the first time and came to the Redan hole.  My caddy was very good, it felt like it was downwind to me and I picked an 8 iron.  My caddy told me to hit it about 175-180 club so I pulled a 6 iron and he went up to the green to help me spot and when we could hit it as we were waiting for the group ahead.  I had pulled an 8 iron as well right before he left.
I told myself jeez this thing is going to fly over the green if I hit a solid 6.  I hit the 8 and hit is very solid and thought it should be good.  I'm 10 yards short of the green halfway between the front mound and the green!  He asked me what I hit and instantly started saying I thought it would fly long and the wind and this and that.......... He says.... "so you didn't hit the 180 club is what you mean." Embarrassed, I said..... "no". :'(
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 04:51:53 PM by Jeff Schley »
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Ian Andrew

I have a nine hole men's night score with 8 pars and a "10" on the card.
The first of the seven putts was 4 feet. I would like that one back ... ;D
I guess there was technically three chips and four putts ...
-

David Wuthrich

#11 at Shinnecock!!!  Shortest par 5 in America!!  ha ha

Matt Frey, PGA

From a scoring perspective: My approach into No. 18 on Lake Placid Club's Links Course. I was playing very well that day and was 2-under-par going into No. 18. Talked myself into clubbing up for my approach due to the slight elevation from fairway to green, but forgot to take into account my adrenaline. I flew the green by about 10 yards, short-siding myself. I hit a decent pitch and lipped my par putt. I still shot 1-under, but a score of 69 would have been oh so sweet.

From a more architectural perspective: A birdie putt from the front of the Elkridge Biarritz to a back hole location. I had the local knowledge and just ignored it...terrible self-inflicted read turned a really fun 90-foot putt into a terrible three putt.

Tommy Williamsen

I would love to hit my tee shot on OTC again. I gripped the club so tightly I couldn't release it came up and out of the shot and promptly hit the ball way way ob to the right. The starter exclaimed, "You hit it on the lady's putting green!" It was like he had never seen such a lousy shot in his life. With all the folks around the tee, it was my most embarrassing moment on any golf hole. I aimed my second tee shot at the 17th green.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back