News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Daytona Beach
« on: February 18, 2019, 08:10:41 AM »
I'm going to be in Daytona Beach the next couple of days adding to my empty Copenhagen tin collection. If anyone wants to play let me know here or ring me. My number can be found over on MySpace.

If not, is there a reasonably private range where I could hit a few balls and smoke a cigar?  Thanks.

John Kavanaugh

Re: Daytona Beach
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 08:38:53 AM »
Anyone ever do a walk up at TPC Sawgrass? It's only 90 min away. That may work Wed.

Eric Smith

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 09:23:35 AM »
The guy who bested you at Harbour Town last month lives in Winter Park and plays the WP9 regularly. You'll have to get his number from Grambone.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 09:27:29 AM »
Bested me. I gave him 36 shots and he beat me by 3. Thanks for the reminder.

C. Sturges

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 10:05:24 AM »
Mr.  Kavanaugh,

The practice area at TPC is wonderful, but I would feel doing a disservice if not recommending you play Ponte Vedra.  They have some of the largest push up greens I have gotten to play.   I really enjoyed my day there and they treated us like members, instead of like cattle at TPC.

Enjoy the warm weather,
chris

MCirba

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 11:29:47 AM »
John,

Give up the Copenhagen, my friend.   It's a simple chemical addiction to a drug called nicotine, and it doesn't matter if you smoke it, chew it, chew it in gum, wear a patch, vape it, whatever...you're feeding a chemical dependency that will catch up and kill you in agonizingly horrific ways.

Enjoy Daytona nicotine free.   You'll thank me.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 11:38:35 AM »
Mike,

I don't use Copenhagen, I'm part of another discussion group that follows NASCAR around the county and collects used tins. Daytona is the start of the season.

MCirba

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 11:53:54 AM »
Mike,

I don't use Copenhagen, I'm part of another discussion group that follows NASCAR around the county and collects used tins. Daytona is the start of the season.

John,

Good to hear.   

As a long-time dipper since exposed to the stuff at the ripe old age of 13, I quit cold turkey 12 years ago and every time I go to the dentist without incident I count myself very lucky. 

Enjoy Daytona.   TPC Sawgrass is worth playing but not sure paying the freight is a good value and I found myself wishing I got to play the original instead of the cleaned-up, sanitized version that's there now after umpteen revisions and softening.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Quinn Thompson

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 11:59:21 AM »
J.K....sounds like you been there before.

Hit balls; until Captain says "so!"

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 11:59:47 AM »
This is an example of some of our work. You can't live by golf alone. Plus we are helping the environment!!!

https://www.pinterest.com/finniegirl1327/chew-can-diy-ideas/

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 03:36:54 PM »
John--

Make sure to play Riviera CC; wonderful little locals' course.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Eric Smith

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2019, 03:50:36 PM »
Anyone ever do a walk up at TPC Sawgrass? It's only 90 min away. That may work Wed.

I just read that the stadium course closed today for the Players Championship prep so don’t drive up for that one.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2019, 03:57:05 PM »
Thanks,

I am shocked how clean this town is a day after the 500. Not a tin to be found. Someone is doing something right down here.

Dean DiBerardino

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2019, 04:17:58 PM »
Check out Oceanside Country Club in nearby Ormond Beach. I believe it's private but worth a call to inquire.

Rees Milikin

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2019, 08:04:40 PM »
Thanks,

I am shocked how clean this town is a day after the 500. Not a tin to be found. Someone is doing something right down here.

Go cruise US1 between Beville Rd and Granada BLVD, ground zero for Florida Man and Florida Woman.

Ira Fishman

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 08:11:45 PM »
Mike,

John,

Good to hear.   

As a long-time dipper since exposed to the stuff at the ripe old age of 13, I quit cold turkey 12 years ago and every time I go to the dentist without incident I count myself very lucky. 

+1. Except I was all of 18. And still miss it every day.

Ira

John_Cullum

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM »
You might like the Conservatory at Hammock Dunes. The 14th hole may be the most versatile hole design of all time.
Raynor was a hack

DFarron

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2019, 06:07:21 PM »
Not a fan of Fazio courses but Hammock is pretty nice!

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2019, 06:18:24 PM »
I've never seen a beach that flat with such tight sand. They used to run the Daytona 500  on the actual beach. I'd love to set up a short course during low tide. Kudos to the town and infrastructure. I'd never seen a town so clean the day after a mega event.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back