News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JReese

Re: Midwest USA GCA Knockout - 2019
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2019, 08:15:14 AM »
James.... do you have an idea of when 1/2 round matches are due by?  I'm in town for July/August only this year most likely. Love to play.

The last 2 years I believe the first round matches were to be played by June 1 and 2nd round by July 1....and that maybe happened 50% of the time.  Depending on where you are playing out of or willing to drive to, I could try and arrange the bracket in a way to get 2 matches played in a day. 
"Bunkers are not places of pleasure; they are for punishment and repentance." - Old Tom Morris

JReese

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2019, 08:20:27 AM »
I’m in again for an easy first round match for someone.

Suggested possible venue:  the New course at Arcadia Bluffs, for whatever part of a bracket would be willing to head north.  Or, we could play The Loop both ways around.

Tom - Good idea for venues.  I would think most playing the knockout would make the journey north.  Do you have any specific dates in mind?   
"Bunkers are not places of pleasure; they are for punishment and repentance." - Old Tom Morris

Buck Wolter

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2019, 09:57:43 AM »
Exactly.  I grew up in Oklahoma but live in Maryland.  Can I please join?  I will give lots of strokes.

The Big Ten now considers Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey to be part of the Midwest....
The Big Ten would add Florida if it meant more money

I'd do this again -- Live in Minneapolis but travel to Chicago area monthly and Traverse City area a couple times/year.

Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Jon Adkins

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2019, 02:19:22 PM »
I’d be in again this year if space permits. I’m in Chicagoland. Thanks for organizing!

JReese

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2019, 09:02:04 PM »
First and final bump for anyone else interested in signing up.  I'm planning on making the bracket on or around March 1st.  If there is still interest in an outing, the pairings can be adjusted if need be....and if anyone wants to take the lead on possible venue and dates have at it!

Andrew Buck

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2019, 10:34:10 PM »
I'd should be in this year.  I live just west of Chicago area.

Drew Groeger

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2019, 11:29:08 AM »
I'll play again, I'm in the Chicago area.

Steve Salmen

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2019, 10:30:12 PM »
I would like to participate if there is room. Thanks for setting it up, James.

SL_Solow

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2019, 03:21:24 PM »
I could fill out a bracket

Tim Liddy

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2019, 03:41:06 PM »
I would also like to participate if there is room and you allow old guys in. Thanks for setting it up.

Mike Bodo

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2019, 05:05:50 PM »
James, I would be interested in getting in if there is room. I'm in Ypsilanti, MI and have family in Harbor Springs I can stay with if required to play Up North.
"90% of all putts left short are missed." - Yogi Berra

Brad Hill

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2019, 10:54:11 PM »
I'm in...if there is room. Milwaukee, WI.

John Emerson

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2019, 09:16:08 PM »
I’m in.  Northern, Va is where I’m at.
“There’s links golf, then everything else.”

JReese

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2019, 01:01:05 PM »

JReese

Re: Midwest USA GCA Knockout - 2019 (Reply #38 For Bracket)
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2019, 01:19:38 PM »
Sorry it took longer than expected to get the brackets completed for this years knockout.  Ideally the first round matches should be completed by the end of May, and each subsequent match by the end of the following month.  If you know you won't be able to play a match let me or your opponent know as soon as possible so the bracket can move forward.  Also, if you win a match and know you won't be able to play the next round, I'm ok with allowing the loser of the match to advance to the next round.  Any questions, comments let me know.  Good luck.

John McCarthy

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2019, 02:23:23 PM »
Can we please have a run of warm weather now and put the dang pins in?
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Tom_Doak

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2019, 10:00:19 PM »
If Messrs. Hill, Walter and Taylor are agreeable, I would love to get us tee times at The Loop or Arcadia Bluffs in May, and knock out our first two rounds of matches in an overnight deal.  At Forest Dunes I can also get the rooms for cheap.

Buck Wolter

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2019, 12:28:48 PM »

If Messrs. Hill, Walter and Taylor are agreeable, I would love to get us tee times at The Loop or Arcadia Bluffs in May, and knock out our first two rounds of matches in an overnight deal.  At Forest Dunes I can also get the rooms for cheap.

I'm unavailable May 18-24 but otherwise will figure out how to make it work.

Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Brad Hill

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2019, 07:58:06 PM »

Sounds great. I can make whichever dates work best for the group.

Mike Bodo

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2019, 12:29:05 AM »
I've got a favor to call in with a friend who I am hoping can get Evan and I on to the newly renovated Inverness to play our match.  ;)
"90% of all putts left short are missed." - Yogi Berra

Ryan Taylor

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2019, 01:38:38 AM »

Works for me. Loop would be ideal. May 3rd, May 17th or May 24th days or weekends are best for me. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 01:47:20 AM by Ryan Taylor »
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

Steve Kline

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2019, 12:13:06 PM »
Tom Allen and I are going to play our match at Hyde Park Country Club (a Ross course that has had some nice restoration work done) in Cincinnati on a weekday afternoon once the weather turns a little warmer. Any other match that would like to join us is welcome.

SL_Solow

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2019, 12:31:37 PM »
If my friend Mr. Winick will send me a message, we can plan something

Tom_Doak

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2019, 09:51:05 PM »
Our little corner of the bracket have tenatively agreed to play our first two matches over The Loop at Forest Dunes on May 9-10. 

It shouldn't be busy then, but it may be cold!  If anyone else is interested in playing on those same dates, pm me here, and I can see about rooms for a larger group.

Criss Titschinger

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2019, 12:30:10 PM »
Tom Allen and I are going to play our match at Hyde Park Country Club (a Ross course that has had some nice restoration work done) in Cincinnati on a weekday afternoon once the weather turns a little warmer. Any other match that would like to join us is welcome.

Steve, Brad sent a PM. Would love to meet up with you guys if we can arrange schedules.

Of course, maybe this is the opportunity to check out Shawnee Lookout while it still exists. It'll be NLE after 2019, so time's running out on checking out this, um, interesting course. I haven't played it in a long time, and will have to make sure to get one more round in this year. Sherpas and supplemental oxygen optional.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back