News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Stewart Abramson

Re: M&E changes at Nairn
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2022, 01:13:24 PM »
Ben

The long and the short of it is that Nairn is a very good links even if it only really gets grudging credit. Part of that is due to the nature of some of the land as Boony alluded to in his post. In my view it is in the discussion along with a handful of others as to being best course in the north of Scotland.

Niall

Niall, I agree. Don't know how I missed this thread until today.

Here's a link to photos of Nairn from June 2022. [size=78%]https://www.flickr.com/photos/golfcoursepix/albums/72177720300440518[/size]

Matt Wharton

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2022, 12:45:37 PM »
I have only had the pleasure of playing Nairn once, Sep 29th of 2021. Thus I cannot comment on any changes. I enjoyed the challenge of the course that day, wind against going out and at our backs coming in, it was a stern test. The conditions were impeccable, the course maintained and presented to the highest standard.

As for the course as a whole, the holes I remember most are 3 & 4 on the outward nine and 13 & 14 on the inward nine. I do remember the 9th and the Bothy but it’s the Bothy I mostly recall. The interesting thing about 3 & 4 plus 13 & 14 are these holes turn away from or play directly towards the coast line as opposed to being parallel to it.

Anyway, I hope to get back there again someday. I think Nairn is a course one needs to play multiple times to fully appreciate.
Matthew Wharton, CGCS, MG
Idle Hour CC
Lexington, KY

Ben Sims

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2022, 01:12:20 PM »
Thanks Matt.

It easy to learn about some courses on this website. But Nairn remains one that doesn’t have a ton written about, or it’s all very generic. Cheers.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back