News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Fekety

1/31/19 Meet Up - Corica Park South
« on: January 04, 2019, 10:21:25 AM »
Hi Guys,
Does anyone want to meet up in the bay area?  Itching to play the redesigned Corica Park South course.  My flight out of Oakland leaves at 4:15 on Thursday 1/31/19.  It looks like the tee sheet is open before 8:30 am.  Let me know if anyone can join me and I will book it.

Steve

Matt_Cohn

Re: 1/31/19 Meet Up - Corica Park South
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 08:19:11 PM »
Hi Guys,
Does anyone want to meet up in the bay area?  Itching to play the redesigned Corica Park South course.  My flight out of Oakland leaves at 4:15 on Thursday 1/31/19.  It looks like the tee sheet is open before 8:30 am.  Let me know if anyone can join me and I will book it.

Steve

I can't make it that day, but anyone who hasn't played Corica Park yet and could, it's fun.

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 12:19:04 AM »
Probably hard for me as well.  I played it a few months ago and while I don't think I like it as much as Matt, it is worth a play. 
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Jeff Schley

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 01:50:45 AM »
Is this the one Rees Jones did? How is the reno work there? I have never been myself.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

David_Tepper

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 04:55:54 AM »
Jeff S. -

Yes, this is the South course at Alameda muni re-done (nominally) by Rees Jones.

Here is a thread from this summer with Matt's photo tour of the renovated course:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php?topic=66054.msg1586530#msg1586530

Scroll to the top of the page to see the photos.

DT
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 10:11:00 AM by David_Tepper »

Jeff Schley

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 12:36:03 PM »
Jeff S. -

Yes, this is the South course at Alameda muni re-done (nominally) by Rees Jones.

Here is a thread from this summer with Matt's photo tour of the renovated course:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php?topic=66054.msg1586530#msg1586530

Scroll to the top of the page to see the photos.

DT
Thanks Dave. Matt much appreciated..... Question which I didn't see in the thread, how much was the reno and how did they fund it? Are the greens fees higher? It appears somewhat the same.
- Steve Prefontaine

David_Tepper

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 12:46:18 PM »
Jeff S. -

While I can't answer your questions, here is more info on the makeover of the course:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/golf/article/Makeover-of-Corica-Park-South-Course-in-Alameda-a-13015610.php

DT

P.S. The North course closed over the summer for some renovation work.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 12:50:29 PM by David_Tepper »

Jeff Schley

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 12:50:35 PM »
Jeff S. -

While I can't answer your questions, here is more info on the makeover of the course:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/golf/article/Makeover-of-Corica-Park-South-Course-in-Alameda-a-13015610.php

DT
Got this from the article: Marc Logan, vice president of agronomy for Greenway, declined to reveal the exact cost of this Corica Park renovation, though he put it at $6 million to $9 million in a 2015 interview.

I don't trust that number from 5 years previous and I'm sure if they don't want to say what it costs it is either: a) was publically funded, or b) funded by Greenway themselves and a lot less than we think.
- Steve Prefontaine

David_Tepper

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 12:59:29 PM »
Speaking of the remodel of the North course, this is from their website:

The North Course is undergoing renovations with 9-holes remaining open for unlimited golf play. Following the recent opening of the new South Course, plans are now underway for the full remodel of the North Course. Starting June 25th, 9-holes are closed (while 9 remain open with special unlimited golf rates). Plans are to elevate the holes with import fill to improve drainage while re-contouring the holes to create better drainage and playing conditions.  All tees, fairways, greens and cart paths will be new construction. The remodel of the first 9-holes is expected to take 12-15 months and will be regrassed as each hole is completed to allow for earlier opening. The first remodel 9 is planned for opening fall 2019. Once it opens the remaining 9-holes will close of remodel with all improvements plan to be completed by 2020.

Will Stockert

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 03:19:54 PM »
I'd love to but 1/31 is tough as well.  However, I'm new to the Bay Area in general and would love to get out to see the Corica redesign and meet some other area GCA's if a weekend time worked in the near future!  I've spent the last few years in MI, so I'd be happy to chat about the wonderful world of Northern MI golf or about how UofM is a basketball school now.
Will
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 03:27:38 PM by Will Stockert »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back