News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Schley

Charity Event - ForeBatten Foundation - Architect David Kahn New
« on: December 12, 2018, 10:03:48 AM »
Last year you may remember the ForeBatten charity auction in Phoenix which had a plethora of rounds of golf at wonderful courses around the country.  It was put on by the Kahn family who unfortunately have 2 girls affected by this terrible Juvenile Batten disease, which I had never heard of myself.  It is the type of disease you wished didn't even exist, let alone having your young children affected by this fatal malady affecting children ages 5-10.

The good news is that last year's event raised over $600k for their foundation they founded and are doing it again in 2019! The generosity of others constantly looking for ways to give back and pay it forward are heartwarming, especially since we are in the Christmas season. I won a couple of rounds last year via the auction and presently they are looking for donations to put up for auction.  We have big hearts here and will be putting up a round at Olympia Fields CC myself, while bidding on some others I'm sure.

I just received the announcement email thus the more awareness the better.  You can donate, attend or bid and to see the photos of these young girls just saddens you thinking of what lies ahead for them. 

https://e.givesmart.com/events/bZO/

God bless.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 12:05:10 PM by Jeff Schley »
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Joel_Stewart

Re: Charity Event - ForeBatten Foundation - Architect David Khan
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 10:12:22 AM »
I attended the event last year and it exceeded my expectations.  Top Golf in Scottsdale is a massive facility which the event took over the entire top tier.

Jeff, I don't see any auction items on the web site. Has it gone live?

Jeff Schley

Re: Charity Event - ForeBatten Foundation - Architect David Khan
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 10:22:30 AM »
I attended the event last year and it exceeded my expectations.  Top Golf in Scottsdale is a massive facility which the event took over the entire top tier.

Jeff, I don't see any auction items on the web site. Has it gone live?
Joel,
My parents will attend this year as they live in Sun City during the winter.  I checked out the pics from the photographer for last year and his two girls just seem so cute, although sad they are walking around with their white canes tugs at your heart.
The event isn't live yet, they are looking for donations right now.  I suspect they will go live sometime in February for the March event. I hope they pass 1 million this year for I have a couple buddies who may donate some very nice rounds and feel most would when they hear this story. Kudos for attending last year.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back