News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bernie Bell

Re: 147+1 Custodians
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2021, 05:44:52 PM »
I understand imposing your music on unwilling others is lack of respect.   And every private club can set its own dress code, and members and guests should respect that.  But if you're walking around grousing about a guy's shaving habits, that's lack of respect too.  "Allow" the look?  Does any club really have (or need) rules specifying how often a man must shave? 

Back (somewhat) to the Custodians theme of the thread:  "A club that emphasizes the simple game golf beats one which pursues the trappings of status."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 05:51:03 PM by Bernie Bell »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2021, 05:50:09 PM »
I understand imposing your music on unwilling others is lack of respect.   And every private club can set its own dress code, and members and guests should respect that.  But if you're walking around grousing about a guy's shaving habits, that's lack of respect too.  "Allow" the look?  Does any club really have (or need) rules specifying how often a man must shave?

Bernie,

100% Agreed there.  Given most clubs have rules on allowed apparel, i'm not surprised some may think this should apply to other outward appearances like hairstyle, tattoos, piercings, etc..

Bernie Bell

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2021, 06:18:18 PM »

Bernie,

100% Agreed there.  Given most clubs have rules on allowed apparel, i'm not surprised some may think this should apply to other outward appearances like hairstyle, tattoos, piercings, etc..
Also from Ran's preamble:  "The best places have the fewest rules."  So true, and in more realms than golf.  Simple rules are best for a complex world.

Ted Sturges

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2021, 09:18:20 AM »

Back (somewhat) to the Custodians theme of the thread:  "A club that emphasizes the simple game golf beats one which pursues the trappings of status."

I think you missed my point.  On the topic of shaving, I was talking about the tour and Mr. Palmer's wish that players present themselves in the best light (and how that is a related respect issue in my eyes).  Obviously people's grooming habits at private golf clubs are their own business.  Sorry you misunderstood me. 

TS

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back