News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Morandi

Re: "A Modern Day Winged Foot"
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2024, 10:43:06 AM »
Tim,

The contours of the greens at my club are mostly subtle, with a few exceptions in some spots on a few greens .

Michael

Michael,

Based on your comments about speed, I assumed that was the case. If most of your fellow members haven’t traveled and had exposure to greater contour, then it is not surprising they have a preference for faster greens.

I wasn’t speaking specifically about my fellow members, who are well travelled, but about golfers generally who fawn over fast green speeds even when inappropriate due to extreme contours.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2024, 04:04:21 PM »
I have not seen Chris Cupit around these parts recently, but that's pretty much what he did at Rivermont. Built large undulating greens that are/were kept at a much more reasonable pace.

How has that worked out?  Is the place still popular?

It didn't "change the direction of architecture," as far as I've been able to tell.

Edward Glidewell

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2024, 09:58:14 PM »
I have not seen Chris Cupit around these parts recently, but that's pretty much what he did at Rivermont. Built large undulating greens that are/were kept at a much more reasonable pace.

How has that worked out?  Is the place still popular?

It didn't "change the direction of architecture," as far as I've been able to tell.

They have a wait list for all types of memberships, but that's not out of the ordinary for Atlanta area clubs right now.

Craig Sweet

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2024, 10:24:02 PM »
FWIW...we stimp the putting green. It is the most level green on the course.
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back