News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Marshall

Hideout Bunkers
« on: October 23, 2018, 09:45:28 AM »
I played Hideout yesterday. They have added sod to the faces of the deeper bunkers. It’s almost vertical. It looks spectacular imo. I’ve never seen grass faced bunkers like that in Florida. From the fairway they have pot bunker type look. Pretty interesting.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

JC Jones

Re: Hideout Bunkers
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 09:51:42 AM »
I love the Hideout.  One of my favorite places in golf.  I was fortunate to see the second most recent work a couple of years ago but haven’t seen the new sod faces.  Will have to get down there to check it out.  I’m curious how the aesthetic will work with the piney waste area vibe.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Ryan Hillenbrand

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 10:47:00 AM »
Rob,

They have them at Tiburon, and I believe they're new within the last few years too. Must be a trend in Naples.

Rob Marshall

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 11:37:24 AM »
Rob,

They have them at Tiburon, and I believe they're new within the last few years too. Must be a trend in Naples.

I played Tiburon a year ago and didn’t notice them. I’m wondering how they handle the summer heat.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

PCCraig

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 12:14:23 PM »
Rob,

I played Tiburon a year ago and didn’t notice them. I’m wondering how they handle the summer heat.

Stacks of astroturf??...

https://www.golfdom.com/carpets-on-the-walls/
H.P.S.

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 12:17:08 PM »
Rob,

I know that Tiburon is Durabunker. Medalist was installed in 2015, also.

Stacks of astroturf??...

https://www.golfdom.com/carpets-on-the-walls/
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Peter Flory

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 02:26:30 PM »
Rob,

At Tiburon, they did the durabunkers on one of the 2 courses, so you probably played the other one. 

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 10:54:33 AM »
Rob,

At Tiburon, they did the durabunkers on one of the 2 courses, so you probably played the other one.

The Harmon Course at The Flordian as has them.
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back