News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_malone

Re: Hazards are best when there’s randomness and they affect all.
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2018, 10:44:06 AM »
In fact, I would argue that the short right bunker is better, and more appropriate than the left greenside bunker...

The left bunker collects shots that miss the green. The right bunker keeps balls from the green.

Ed,

Actually the average player had the most fun shot on the course when they watched the ball disappear then reappear on the green.

I remember when they told me “Mike, we are replacing the ugly evergreens with a bunker “.  Since the trees were farther to the right I gave in. Of course they had to put the bunker in the line of play!
AKA Mayday

JESII

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2018, 10:45:34 AM »

Of course they had to put the bunker in the line of play!

And that's really the thing...

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2018, 10:58:41 AM »
In fact, I would argue that the short right bunker is better, and more appropriate than the left greenside bunker...

The left bunker collects shots that miss the green. The right bunker keeps balls from the green.

Ed,

Actually the average player had the most fun shot on the course when they watched the ball disappear then reappear on the green.

I remember when they told me “Mike, we are replacing the ugly evergreens with a bunker “.  Since the trees were farther to the right I gave in. Of course they had to put the bunker in the line of play!

And I always thought putting off the 8th green was the most fun shot.
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back