News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Pearce

Re: CRAIL GS: Balcomie Links
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 05:34:34 PM »
The beach is in play off the 12th tee at Elie.

David Davis

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2018, 06:06:27 PM »
I don't love the beach being OB either. I would think the water, deep rough and sand would be enough of a penalty.

Any way with the new rules can't you just drop up approaximately where it went in anyway and play from there?

That way if it's just speed of play they are trying to enhance that is dealt with. Rather it was just play it as it lies.
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Peter Flory

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2018, 12:48:00 AM »
I enjoyed the course, but many on my trip did not.  It was the windiest day of our trip and I don't think that I've ever played a round of golf where I hear fore as often as I did that day.  It is really tight quarters in many spots. 

Playing it with hickories would have been nice. 

Mark Pearce

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2018, 02:24:16 AM »
I enjoyed the course, but many on my trip did not.  It was the windiest day of our trip and I don't think that I've ever played a round of golf where I hear fore as often as I did that day.  It is really tight quarters in many spots. 
You can't have played Leven Links, then!

It is fair to say that 2 and 12, 5 and 6, 9 and 10 and 15, 17 and 18 do give plenty of opportunities for shouts of fore.

Sean_A

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2018, 03:22:59 AM »
You can't have played Leven Links, then!

It is fair to say that 2 and 12, 5 and 6, 9 and 10 and 15, 17 and 18 do give plenty of opportunities for shouts of fore.

Sure, there are dangerous areas which in all likelihood would mean a course such as Crail wouldn't be built today.  Is golf better with or without its Crails? 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Turnberry, Isle of Harris, Benbecula, Askernish, Traigh, St Medan, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Scott Warren

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2018, 07:31:12 AM »
Sure, there are dangerous areas which in all likelihood would mean a course such as Crail wouldn't be built today.  Is golf better with or without its Crails? 

Ciao

I’d answer that by saying that from a trip eight years ago on which I played Alwoodley, Renaissance, Crail (Balcomie), Dornoch, Golspie & Brora, the two I still reminisce about the most when my mind starts to wander are the Balcomie & Golspie.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2018, 05:16:33 PM »

Ciao

I’d answer that by saying that from a trip eight years ago on which I played Alwoodley, Renaissance, Crail (Balcomie), Dornoch, Golspie & Brora, the two I still reminisce about the most when my mind starts to wander are the Balcomie & Golspie.
And that three putt?

Scott Warren

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2018, 10:09:54 AM »
That’s basically my go-to swing thought any time I have a downhill six-footer...

Mark Pearce

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2018, 05:15:40 AM »
That’s basically my go-to swing thought any time I have a downhill six-footer...
You may want to work on that.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back