News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Niall C

BUDA 2019 ?
« on: June 02, 2018, 09:58:01 AM »
There wasn't too much chat up at Golspie about a venue for next years BUDA so can I perhaps kick off the discussions by backing a suggestion by Mark for a BUDA down Goswick/Bamburgh way in Northumberland. Many of us played at Goswick a few years ago and I think by general consent it was considered a good fun course. Both Bamburgh and Dunstanburgh Castle GC are supposed to be really worth playing and relatively little known, even on here.

I recently played the nine holer at Alnmouth with Sean and can definitely recommend that so there is plenty of worthwhile golf in the area. It's also just down the road from East Lothian so for those travelling from afar there is a chance to include the likes of NB, Muirfield, Gullane etc in the trip.

Finally Bamburgh is an attractive small town/village with a couple of decent hotels to provide a good base and for everyone to stay together which to me is an important element of BUDA.

Thoughts ?

Niall

Sean_A

Re: BUDA 2019 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 10:21:12 AM »
There wasn't too much chat up at Golspie about a venue for next years BUDA so can I perhaps kick off the discussions by backing a suggestion by Mark for a BUDA down Goswick/Bamburgh way in Northumberland. Many of us played at Goswick a few years ago and I think by general consent it was considered a good fun course. Both Bamburgh and Dunstanburgh Castle GC are supposed to be really worth playing and relatively little known, even on here.

I recently played the nine holer at Alnmouth with Sean and can definitely recommend that so there is plenty of worthwhile golf in the area. It's also just down the road from East Lothian so for those travelling from afar there is a chance to include the likes of NB, Muirfield, Gullane etc in the trip.

Finally Bamburgh is an attractive small town/village with a couple of decent hotels to provide a good base and for everyone to stay together which to me is an important element of BUDA.

Thoughts ?

Niall

+1

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

James Boon

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 01:34:58 PM »
Niall,

I believe Mark Pearce is underway with the planning for the Goswick Buda you mention and I'm sure he will update us all when he has further details.

It seems quite a few of us are keen on this option from discussions I've had and so I'm certainly looking forward to it.

There are still plenty of great options bouncing around for future Buda cups, though it seems that close connections or GCAers who are members of clubs that could host Budas are starting to get thin on the ground so its very much a question of volunteers coming forwards who are willing to organise!

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Thomas Dai

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 02:28:01 PM »
I'd be keen on participating at Goswick and surrounds. :)
Just hope the time of year fits in.
atb

Mark Pearce

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 03:53:39 PM »
I have started to make enquiries regarding a Goswick BUDA, most likely with Dunstanburgh as the No 2 course (though still a chance that Bamburgh Castle may take that slot.  In my humble opinion Goswick is the third fourth best course on the coastline between King's Lynn and Edinburgh, with only Muirfield, Renaissance and North Berwick ahead of it.  If anyone else is keen to pitch an idea for 2019 do so now.

As to time of year, I'm proposing a return to the traditional September berth for GCA's greatest event.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

mike_malone

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 05:33:19 PM »
 I would appreciate phonetic spellings of these courses for us Yanks.

I may bring a crew next year.
AKA Mayday

Mark Pearce

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 05:34:45 PM »
Gozzick
Dunstanburra
Bamburra

I hope that helps.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

mike_malone

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 06:05:16 PM »
Well done
AKA Mayday

Bill Gayne

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 08:40:03 PM »
Yes on location and moving to September dates!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back