News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

What were you drinking?
« on: July 24, 2018, 01:53:41 PM »
.... as you watched the last round unfold at Carnoustie. We had The Wine Society's English White 2017, which comes from the excellent vineyard of Three Choirs at Newent in Gloucestershire. It is only £7.95 a bottle, and has a restrained 11% alcohol. It is very delicious.

It was early in the day for many of you in the States to be drinking alcohol, and as for our friends in Oz and NZ far too late at night!

Wayne_Kozun

Re: What were you drinking?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 01:57:10 PM »
I remember the year that Adam Scott and El Pato were in a playoff at the Masters.  My wine for dinner that night depended on the victor - a nice Argentinian Malbec or an Barossa Shiraz.

Ira Fishman

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 03:01:40 PM »
.... as you watched the last round unfold at Carnoustie. We had The Wine Society's English White 2017, which comes from the excellent vineyard of Three Choirs at Newent in Gloucestershire. It is only £7.95 a bottle, and has a restrained 11% alcohol. It is very delicious.

It was early in the day for many of you in the States to be drinking alcohol, and as for our friends in Oz and NZ far too late at night!

Never too early for a Tequila Bloody Mary...or three.

Ira

David McIntosh

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 03:20:10 PM »
Had a few Brewdog Clockwork Tangerine IPAs whilst enjoying the action.

BHoover

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 04:18:57 PM »
Diet Coke with plenty of ice

Scott Warren

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 04:27:24 PM »
You know the world has a problem with alcohol when this is a thread on a golf architecture forum!

I considered making a cup of tea when the leaders were on about the 13th (roughly 3am), but that would have meant getting out of bed and it was about 3 degrees.

Ira — it probably is, you just need to have the right people around advising you!

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 04:40:31 PM »
Cold Badoit fizzy water.

I've just spent a week in hospital with Sepsis having my body flushed with industrial strength antibiotics. Alcohol is off the agenda, and strangely I'm feeling all the better for it!

This from a man whose last previous alcohol-free evening was probably sometime in around 1978.

;D

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 04:57:56 PM »
Eddie and I were drinking ...

https://twitter.com/pepperelleddie?lang=en
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 04:58:31 PM »
We stopped at the turn to watch the last few holes. I had two hotdogs and three Bud Lights. Good recipe, birdied 10 and 12 before the buzz wore off.

Alex Miller

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 05:18:39 PM »
An iced coffee - it was 80 degrees by 9am! Went out for 18 shortly after.

I love watching The Open on the west coast  :)

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 05:24:29 PM »
Was that the quickest final round in quite some time? And why is pgatour.com so far behind?  We almost missed it.

Ira Fishman

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 05:24:35 PM »
You know the world has a problem with alcohol when this is a thread on a golf architecture forum!

I considered making a cup of tea when the leaders were on about the 13th (roughly 3am), but that would have meant getting out of bed and it was about 3 degrees.

Ira — it probably is, you just need to have the right people around advising you!

Scott, I will concede that my wife was out of town so no advisor present except for the ever present Frank Sinatra: "I feel badly for people who don't drink.  The best they feel all day is first thing in the morning."

jeffwarne

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 06:29:47 PM »
Was that the quickest final round in quite some time? And why is pgatour.com so far behind?  We almost missed it.
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Kalen Braley

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 09:19:39 PM »
Coffee and OJ.  I've always like The Open here in the West.  Wake up, roll out of bed, and the leaders are teeing off.  Perfect!

Terry Lavin

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 09:41:14 PM »
Lemonade. Too early to put the Ketel to the metal, after all. But a splendid Sunday morning and early afternoon to be sure.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Ben Stephens

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 04:33:08 AM »
Robinsons Orange Barley Water squash with ice  ;D

Cal Seifert

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 09:15:31 AM »
Coffee.  Loved waking up early with coffee and golf on TV

Will Lozier

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 10:06:30 AM »
Creature Comforts Tropicalia

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back