News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V_Halyard

Beverly CC new Honorary Member
« on: April 23, 2018, 08:16:20 AM »
This just in from Golfweek and the Chi Tribune. Terry, nice Trib quote! Jack,Count me in for a presidential skins game! I have Global Entry and a security clearance so I’m good.  Plus, I’m assuming posting in here has put a numbers of us on some sort of presidential golf related watch list. Fore!

https://golfweek.com/2018/04/21/barack-obama-to-become-honorary-member-at-country-club-in-chicago/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/golf/ct-spt-barack-obama-beverly-golf-20180420-story,amp.html
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Peter Pallotta

Re: Beverly CC new Honorary Member
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 08:55:45 AM »
The South-side Judge: on the one hand, a true man of the people; on the other, he runs in some very fast company. Might I suggest a title for his first book:
A View from the Grill - Reflections on Post-Round Revelry at the Bev.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 08:57:29 AM by Peter Pallotta »

corey miller

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 11:11:38 AM »

Very cool, It sounds like the President has also greatly improved his game.

It would have been nice if someone (other than Trump) had done this for President Clinton in Westchester. 

V_Halyard

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 11:20:29 AM »
He plays the ball down. Hoping to get the chance to play BCC as well as invite him to join me and Mike Young on a Donald Ross Tour.  ;)
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Terry Lavin

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 08:37:01 PM »
Here’s hoping I can soon relate a report of his first round as a member. He’s a longtime political acquaintance and I think it’s a good fit.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 09:43:14 PM by Terry Lavin »
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Bill Seitz

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 09:43:04 PM »
He plays the ball down. Hoping to get the chance to play BCC as well as invite him to join me and Mike Young on a Donald Ross Tour.  ;)

Hell, I'm still hoping for a round with Jack O'Callahan. 

William_G

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 11:16:59 PM »
a great club for golf with unique ancient natural terrain, and the course is better than it has been for years after some significant chainsaw activity

well done!
It's all about the golf!

mike_beene

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 11:37:13 PM »
He had that really cool swing machine like they have a Pebble that hooks you up actually at the White House.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 03:30:25 AM »
Very cool and great quotes in the article Terry.  :)
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Steve Lapper

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 09:19:28 AM »

It would have been nice if someone (other than Trump) had done this for President Clinton in Westchester.

Why didn't you?? 8) ;)

I know that one of the club's Clinton wanted to join would've taken him if he hadn't blatantly ignored the rules of the game during several previous rounds with that club's leadership. Of course, in the interest of full bi-partisanship, that flaw seems to infect Republican President (s) as well. It is refreshing to know at least one of the recent President's plays it down and with no eraser.

The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

corey miller

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 02:33:38 PM »

I did not mean that "someone" to be me.... ;D

Funny, Trump seems to have been a long-time cheater in the game, and all this talk about President Clinton I always assumed (his mulligans) was a joke.  With guys that were "vetting" him?  Funny. 

In addition to the inconvenience of President Clinton and his protection I would be more worried about his golfing crew with cigars, and drinks and carts and Trump style golf hats as well as the darn wristbands those knuckleheads would wear when playing.  ???

How much liability does the club take on if the ex-president (or any member) harasses a 20 year old female lifeguard at the pool?   ;D [size=78%] [/size]

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back