News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jon Wiggett

R&A and USGA and Distance
« on: May 21, 2018, 10:05:54 AM »

I have just come across an article where the R&A plus the USGA are going to run a consultation on distance and its effect on the game. This will invite all golfers to comment on the subject on their websites.

usga.org/distanceinsights

randa.org/distanceinsights

As this is a subject that is regularly discussed on here I thought it might be of interest.

Not sure why the links just stay on this site but if you type them into the browser you get to the correct page.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 10:08:39 AM by Jon Wiggett »

Bryan Izatt

Re: R&A and USGA and Distance
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 12:09:17 PM »
Interesting.  It appears that Golf Canada isn't doing something similar, so I guess we'd have to go through the USGA.  Here are links that should work.

https://www.randa.org/TheRandA/Distance-Insights

http://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/advancing-the-game/distance-insights.html

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 12:35:00 PM »

Bryan,

I suspect you could comment on either site though maybe the obvious one is that which is responsible for rules in your country. I am somewhat ignorant but suspect Canada might be R&A.

Thanks for the links correction.

Matthew Essig

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 08:21:16 PM »
I wrote a nice letter in that box. I appreciate the different bubbles for different fields, but I made it extra clear my perspective and explanation. I have a feeling those bubbles might get abused/falsified in some posts.
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

Tom_Doak

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 12:13:51 AM »
Wally Uilhein would like to know where one hires those Russian bots, asking for a friend.

Daryl David

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 01:21:11 AM »
Wally Uilhein would like to know where one hires those Russian bots, asking for a friend.

Funny!  As I typed my response, I was wondering how many human bots (friends) I could enlist to pack the survey.

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 09:29:18 AM »
Not sure why the links just stay on this site but if you type them into the browser you get to the correct page.
Just include the http:// part next time.

I wrote a nice letter in that box. I appreciate the different bubbles for different fields, but I made it extra clear my perspective and explanation.
As did I.  :)
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Bruce Katona

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 09:09:24 AM »
Think they'll actually listen to the suggestions of the great unwashed public-at-large?

Garland Bayley

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 09:12:10 AM »

LOL
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

William_G

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 12:06:13 AM »

check with yelp
It's all about the golf!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 11:41:05 AM »

I may or may not also know a guy very skilled in these sorts of things.  I'll have to mention it, hypothetically speaking of course, and gauge his interest level!  ;)

Sam Andrews

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 12:43:11 PM »
He's the hairy handed gent, who ran amok in Kent.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back