News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PCCraig

Winter Park 9
« on: May 03, 2018, 11:08:08 AM »
I am planning on being in Orlando next week for work. Before catching a flight back north on Tuesday evening, I thought about trying to get in a loop or two around the Winter Park 9. Any local guys interested in teeing it up?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 12:49:24 PM by PCCraig »
H.P.S.

PCCraig

Re: Winter Park 9
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 12:49:17 PM »
Managed to sneak out late Monday evening with our own Rees Milikin as a guide.

The golf course was in terrific firm & fast shape and the greens were running quick after hosting the City Championship the previous day. Rees was also kind enough to request his favorite pins on all the greens. We had a blast.

Winter Park might be the biggest steal in golf. $14 for really well designed golf and $2 beers out of a cooler...how good is that?

To me, each of the par-3's are of the same quality as any you would find on higher profile shorter courses like Bandon 13, the Cradle, or the Sandbox. And the remaining holes are all fun due to their half par nature and terrific greens.

If in the Orlando area, it seems any fan of golf course architecture would be missing out by not making a quick loop around WP9 at least once.
H.P.S.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 05:26:59 AM »
If in the Orlando area, it seems any fan of golf course architecture would be missing out by not making a quick loop around WP9 at least once.

This is bad awful advice.

Play it twice. Shoot 36 again. Leave 5 different shots out there the second time.

Play it if you're anywhere on the I-4 Corridor.
http://kylewharris.com

Constantly blamed by 8-handicaps for their 7 missed 12-footers each round.

Thank you for changing the font of your posts. It makes them easier to scroll past.

Andy Johnson

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 09:12:43 AM »
The less clubs the better at WP9. There should be at least one course with the Winter Park feel and architecture in every major city.

Golf is a game of decision errors and execution errors. The less clubs you carry the less decision errors you make!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back