News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Topp

Re: Byron Nelson at Trinity Forest
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2018, 09:56:15 AM »
It's not like they are leaving a palace. TPC is a mundane real estate course with breathtaking views of the suburbia that inspired "Office Space". The hotel and as I found out when my wife snuck me in,the hotel pool was filled with player families. Las Colinas is just 1970s unattractive

I agree but that is what makes this transition so interesting.  Basically, the place they are leaving has everything going for it other than our conception of what a golf course should be (location, convenient housing, good tournament vibe) and the new place has nearly everything going against it other than potentially the golf course.   

Kalen Braley

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2018, 11:51:03 AM »
It's not like they are leaving a palace. TPC is a mundane real estate course with breathtaking views of the suburbia that inspired "Office Space". The hotel and as I found out when my wife snuck me in,the hotel pool was filled with player families. Las Colinas is just 1970s unattractive

Mike,

I work in tech, so Office Space really hits the right notes for me....and you couldn't be more spot on there.  My current location in Salt Lake City is just as dreadful with similar setup. And the only place to go for lunch within 5 or so miles is either an awful food court or mediocre hotel restaurants.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 11:53:07 AM by Kalen Braley »

mike_beene

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2018, 08:54:37 PM »
Those two Bobs in Office Space are about as good as it gets. Jason, well said. It is difficult to imagine that casual fans are going to go down to Trinity Forest. I sure hope it works.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back