News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re: All 18 Macan's Columbia Edgewater with 1936 images
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2018, 07:00:39 PM »
Jeff, there are several greens at Macan's Columbia-Edgewater CC in Portland that have very subtle fall away slopes at the back and back corners.  I would love to know how much those greens were changed during "renovations" over the years by Bob Cupp and others.  CECC has a wonderful set of varied greens, no two really alike.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Garland Bayley

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2018, 07:02:41 PM »

Columbia-Edgewater has long had the reputation of having the most single digit handicaps of any club in the Pacific NW if not the country.  And a wonderful short game practice area.  Most walk, the club provides free push carts, and pin sheets every day.   It truly is a player's club.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Garland Bayley

Re: Columbia Edgewater with Bill McBride's past comments
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2018, 08:46:42 AM »
Bump after searching out Bill's comments on other threads.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2018, 08:49:44 PM »

Just had an email from the pro at Columbia-Edgewater who tells me that all the greens are the original Macans except for 3, 4, 9 and 17, and none slope from front to back.   The new greens, mostly by Bob Cupp I think, are either flat or slope back to front.
Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Compare 1936 aerials with 2017 pictures.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back