News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Frank Sekulic

I will walk both days and I live in California.

If anyone wants to play on Friday, please let me know as I am going to be heading down from the Canadian Border, where I will be on vacation.

Ross Harmon

Looks like a great event - count me in! Walking.

Happy to represent either my current home state of Colorado or my birthplace of Indiana.

Thanks for organizing!

Jason Thurman

In. Y'all know where I'm from. #East via Cincinnati.

I'll be walking. Definitely open to playing Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

RJ_Daley

AS I had explained on Minnesota e-mail chain, I'm in, sort of....  ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

V_Halyard

Please add Tom Feller to the festivities as part of the Iowa contingent - Both Walking
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Jeff_Brauer

We should also consider extending the Mashie for a couple of days, to explore the Brauer Trail north of Duluth (Giants Ridge Quarry, Giants Ridge Legend, Wilderness at Fortune Bay, the brand-newly reworked Superior National). Could play two of them Monday, stay at one or the other place, play one or both of the others Tuesday.

Jeff Brauer -- Any chance you'd be in the North Country then?

Dan,

First, I doubt I will attend the Mashie, although I would love to. 
I haven't played
Northland
in many years, and the photos look like it is much improved since then.  I interviewed for their early attempt at "restoration" back in the 1990's, but didn't get that job.  Looks like they are doing much better. 

I doubt I will make a special trip, so I won't sign up for now.
However,
I will keep the date in mind and perhaps can fill in as a replacement for someone who has bailed if my travels take me to MN that week.

Superior National will be having an official grand re-opening this summer, and I will be there, but I doubt it will be held that late.  I will reserve a foursome and keep
Dan, Jeff and Rick , etc., posted on the opening date,
just in case any of the MN contingent here wants to attend in June. 

If anyone is interested in a pre or post Mashie round, SN would be the closest (by a smidge) of the Brauer trail, an hour up Bob Dylan's Highway 61, and I can reserve you a foursome up there. 

Giants Ridge is also about 1.5 hours north of Duluth in a different direction, up Highway 53, and Fortune Bay is another half hour beyond that.  While "only" number 30, 15 and 9 in the state (too low, IMHO on all three counts, but that is neither here nor there) I could help with a tee time or two in case anyone is interested.  Will try for architect's discount, but can't guarantee anything.

PS, sorry for formatting issues. Can't seem to fix them!

Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Nick Prafke

I am in, assuming newbies are allowed.

PCCraig

I am in, assuming newbies are allowed.

Of course, welcome Nick.
H.P.S.

Derek Holland

I would walk and be up for an extra Saturday AM round. While I live in Minnesota, I have spent the majority of my life in Michigan as it looks like the East may need some #s...

Criss Titschinger

Giants Ridge is also about 1.5 hours north of Duluth in a different direction, up Highway 53, and Fortune Bay is another half hour beyond that.  While "only" number 30, 15 and 9 in the state (too low, IMHO on all three counts, but that is neither here nor there) I could help with a tee time or two in case anyone is interested.  Will try for architect's discount, but can't guarantee anything.

The more I think about this, the more I'm leaning towards playing up north, and saving more MSP golf for another trip.

Definitely want to hit up Quarry and Wilderness. Whether or not I do that in a 36 hole day is TBD. I've been known to have some pretty crazy itineraries during Mashie time. Still working out my travel details.

Jeff_Mingay

Count me in, Pat.

I've long wanted to see/play Northland. This is a great opportunity ... especially with Ron and Tyler there to talk about their work. 

Thanks,
jeffmingay.com

Patrick Hodgdon

In, thanks Pat and team for organizing this!
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Rick Shefchik

Pat, the way this is shaping up, instead of East-West, I would propose a "Minnesota vs. ROW" competition.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Steve Greif

I would love to sign up if you still have an opening?

Thanks

Patrick Hodgdon

Pat, the way this is shaping up, instead of East-West, I would propose a "Minnesota vs. ROW" competition.

Are there enough guys West of the Mississippi to make a team?
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Dan Kelly

Are there enough guys West of the Mississippi to make a team?

Might have to divide the Minnesota team by east and west of Mississippi.

I am west.
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Tyler Kearns

I am West of the Mississippi as well.

Tyler

Dave Herrick

I'm in if there is still room. Colorado, walking. Would enjoy other courses before or after the event.

PCCraig

I have updated the first post in the thread with a current attendee list. If I missed anyone, please let me know.

Right now we are up to a whopping 40 attendees. By my count that includes 20 folks from outside Minnesota, and 20 from Minnesota (depending on how you account for Hodgdon ;) ).

I would still encourage interested folks to contact me. Even if there is a wait list there always seem to be folks who drop out as the event grows closer.

As the Super Bowl descends on Minnesota this week, I can't help but think that it will be at best the 2nd greatest sporting event held here in 2018! Looking forward to it!
H.P.S.

Zack Molnar

Pat,

Please add me to the waitlist. I will be coming in from Chicago. Course looks amazing. Hoping a spot opens up!

Jay Mickle

Never been to Minnesota. Ran speaks highly of the state and Northland. Add my name. North Carolina.

@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

PCCraig

First page has been updated.
H.P.S.

Dan Kelly

As the Super Bowl descends on Minnesota this week, I can't help but think that it will be at best the 2nd greatest sporting event held here in 2018!

Not that I am endorsing ranking them . . .

But the Super Bowl will be at best 3rd -- after (in alphabetical order) the Midwest Mashie and the World Series.

Go, Twins!
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Buck Wolter

I'll take a waitlist spot --usually lots of bar talk this time of year so if you're interested don't let the waitlist dissuade you.
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Jim Nugent

Right now we are up to a whopping 40 attendees. By my count that includes 20 folks from outside Minnesota, and 20 from Minnesota (depending on how you account for Hodgdon ;) ).

Why not set the format as "Minnesota vs the Rest of the World?"   

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back