News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Bacsanyi

Wait, so the 8th and 9th both have alternate greens?  Now that's some quirk.  Great footage.
Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.

--Harry Vardon

Sean_A

Whilst PV may look choked by trees it’s amazing how few really affect play. Those on 11 are strategic, it’s really only those on 13 that “get in the way” and change how the course was in years gone by.

Lets face it, if a club can say the trees on its course basically only effect views then things are pretty good in this department compared to practically everywhere else.  That said, it is bewildering to me why a wealthy club would choose to shut down views, especially intererior views when there is little opportunity to show-off exterior views.   I believe it really comes down to folks resisting change even though it seems like clubs are quite happy to stab shovels into courses for often dubious reasons.  The entire deal is bewildering to me.

Ciao

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Sean Leary

Still wonder whether PV might be "easiest" the first time you play it, when you don't know what you don't know. I remember getting to the 1st green and being like "holy shit you don't want to miss this green left or right"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back